Departments must prepare a Stores Requisition in Banner (Commodity Code LPC150 to request $150.00 checks and LPC500 to request $500.00 checks). The LPC Requisition will be forwarded through the Banner approval process. Once approved, the requisition will be forwarded to the Purchasing Office. In most cases, checks may be picked up from the Purchasing Office the following business day. The following is a brief explanation of some of the terms on the request form:
- The “Index” is the Banner Account that will be charged for checks that clear the bank.
- The U/M (unit of measure) is EA.
- The Quantity is the number of checks requested of each type ($150.00 and/or $500.00). You can request up to five (5) checks at a time, unless approved in writing from Purchasing to have more.
- Each requisition will be reviewed by Purchasing to verify the following:
- There are no outstanding checks for the indicated Index. An outstanding check is any check that has been issued and has not been used.
- There are no preventative violations for the indicated Index. (See LPC Violations)