A violation occurs when:
- Checks are written for an amount greater than
the limit printed on the face of the check.
- A Limited Purchase Check is used for a
prohibited purpose. (See Prohibited Uses of LPCs)
- Checks clear the bank, but Purchasing does not
have the check copy and documentation, or checks clear the bank for an
amount that is different than the Purchasing copy.
- Failure to submit original receipts or other
appropriate supporting documents.
- Any misuse of a Limited Purchase Check
violating the University’s policies and procedures.
- The department does not reveal business purpose
for meals, refreshments, recruiting, or entertainment expenses as
described in the User’s Guide.
- The department pays for travel-related
- The check is used to reimburse an employee for
- Failure to ensure the transaction is tax exempt.