Examples of Purchasing Card Use
The Purchasing Card may be used for the following purchases:
- Purchases under the per purchase limit (including shipping and handling) *
- Computer accessories (monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.)
- Software (completion of the Software Registration Form is required)
- Maintenance agreements and repair materials
- Seminar and conference registrations
- Books (books for student or employee classes may not be purchased)
- Office supplies
*Transactions shall not be split to avoid the per purchase limit.
The Purchasing Card may be used for the following purchases with PRIOR Vice Presidential approval**:
- Food and Meals; including candy, office meals, office parties, doughnuts, bagels, pizza, etc.
- Gifts or Gift Certificates
- Holiday Decorations
**Failure to obtain prior written approval from the appropriate Vice President will result in the cardholder being assessed violation points on their yearly or random audit (see audit procedures below).