What does ‘Purchasing’ mean?
Purchasing encompasses areas of cost, performance, and delivery.
It means obtaining:
- the right item…
- of the right quality…
- for the right price…
- at the right time.
This module covers what you need to know before you purchase goods or services for Utah Valley University (UVU).
In this module you will learn about:
- policies and procedures governing the procurement process at UVU;
- different methods of procurement;
- documentation requirements;
- price agreements with designated vendors; and,
- how to avoid Purchasing Violations.
Let's begin by looking at University rules and other regulations.
If you do not follow required policies and procedures when purchasing goods and services, you can be held personally liable.