Who Created This Course?
This course was written by Procurement Services. Procurement Services is the department charged with administering purchasing functions for all Utah Valley University departments and organizations.
Procurement Services helps departments obtain the best value for every dollar while complying with applicable state laws. It includes the following three program areas:
- Purchasing. Purchasing agents are responsible for the procurement of all items, except those made with a P-Card or LPC. They interpret and apply federal, State, and University rules/regulations to ensure accountability to the public, fairness to the business community, and a favorable purchasing environment for departments.
- Purchasing Card (P-Card) Administration. The P-Card Administrator administers the University’s Purchasing Card program whereby departmental users can place small-dollar orders directly with vendors using a credit card.
- Limited Purchase Check (LPC) Administration. The Purchasing Office administers the University’s LPC program whereby departmental users can place small-dollar orders directly with vendors using a check.
Why did Procurement Services create a Procurement Training Course?
We created this course to help you learn how to:
- determine the appropriate method of procurement for the good or service you want to purchase;
- fulfill University and other requirements on documentation and approval for these purchases; and,
- provide the information needed when working with purchasing agents.
The policies, procedures, and forms referenced in this course are all available from the Procurement Services website at http://uvu.edu/procurement/.
You can also find them in the Job Aids and Resources sections of this course.