|Title:||Web Programmer - Web Development Services|
Web Development Services
Jeanie Cranney has been at UVU since 1987.
- A.A.S. in Computer Science, Programming from Utah Valley State College, 1988
- A.A.S. in Accounting from Utah Valley State College, 1988
- B.S. in Business Information Systems from University of Phoenix, 2000
- M.S. in Computer Information Systems from University of Phoenix, 2005
2001 - Present: Lead Web Developer , Web Development Services, Utah Valley Universit
Design and develop the new UVU templates within the OmniUpdate CM system.Using xsl, pcf, tcf, and tmpl files to create the html file. These templates files are used to roll the old UVSC website to the new UVU web site, consisting of over 60,000 web pages and over 250 departments.
- Project team leader for a team of eight student employees to roll the old UVSC web site into the new UVU web site, consisting of development of the new web site shell, the shell QA, content, final QA, moving the site live from the testing server to the live server and conducting a final QA on the live site. Make backups of the old and new site onto CD.
- Support and answer questions concerning any problems in the OmniUpdate System.
- Keep the Web Owners database up-to-date.
- Create user accounts within the OmniUpdate system.
- Supervise a web development team on different projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Deep Thrawl the UVU web site twice a month to check broken links. Fix any broken links in a department web site.
- Create site accounts within the OmniUpdate Administration module.
- Create web forms for different departments using PHP mail script or PHP email module.
- Create how-to-guides and process information guides for the different web application developed by Web Development Services.
- Design and develop graphics, using Fireworks, which are used in these web sites.
- Organize and conduct training of UVU staff on the use of OmniUpdate Content Management System.
1990 - 2001 Manager-Computer
Information System, Career Employment Services, Utah Valley State College