|Title:||Assistant Director - Library Public Services|
Liaison and collection development for Education.
- MA in Educational Technology with an emphasis in Training Design & Development, University of Missouri-Columbia, 2006
- MLIS in Library and Information Science, Brigham Young University, 1991
- BA in English, Brigham Young University, 1989
- Adjunct Faculty Excellence Award Candidate-LEC - 2001-2002
- Library Employee of the Year - 2004-2005, 2011-2-12
- PACE Distinguished Employee - Fall 2006
American Library Association, John Cotton Dana Award - 2012
- Utah Academic Library Consortium Reference/Information Literacy Committee Chair - 2000-2002
- Utah Library Association Academic Section Vice Chair - 2003-2004
- Utah Library Association Academic Section Chair - 2004-2005
- Utah Academic Library Consortium, Internet Navigator Maintenance Team - 2000-2008
- Utah Academic Library Consortium, Internet Navigator Maintenance Team Chair - 2005
Utah Library Association Library Administration and Management Round Table Chair - 2005-2006
Utah Library Association Business Users Round Table Vice Chair - 2006-2007
Utah Library Association Business Users Round Table Chair - 2007-2008
Utah Academic Library Consortium Public Relations Committee Co-Chair - 2011-2014
Utah Library Association, Awards Selection Committee, 2010-2011
Utah Library Association, Utah Libraries News, editor - 2005 - 2012
Utah Valley Senior Executive Leadership Forum (UVSELF) - 2011-2012
UVU Professional Association of Campus Employees (PACE), Bylaws/Procedures Chair, 2012-2014
UVU Forum on Engaged Learning, Conference Planning Committee, 2010-present
UVU Student Success and Retention Committee, 2010-present
UVU QI Staff Hirsing Selection, Co-Chair, 2009
UVUPhoria Campus Planning Committee, 2007-2008
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS I AM ASSOCIATED WITH:
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Library Leadership and Management Association
- Utah Library Association
- Le Ber, J., Lombardo, N., Baker, L., Goebel-Brown, A., & Olsen, D. (2004, May). New technologies for instruction. Utah Library Association Annual Conference, Ogden, Utah.
Baker, L. & Lombardo, N. (2005). Open to the world: The Internet Navigator as an open source, open access model for distance education. Teaching with Technology Idea Exchange, Orem, Utah.
- Stevens, L. & Baker, L. (2007, May). "Image-in that": Image and iconography resources online! Utah Library Association Annual Conference, Provo, Utah.
Alarco, C., Baker, L., & Wilson, B. (2008, May). Casting a broader net: Using podcasting for marketing your library services. Utah Library Association Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Baker, L & Smith, A (2012, May). We got game! Using games for library orientation. LOEX Annual Conference, Columbus, Ohio.
Smith, A. & Baker, L. (2011, November). Getting a clue: Creating student detectives and dragon slayers in your library. Reference Services Review 39(4): 628-642.