|Title:||Administrative Support III - Basic Composition and ESL|
Work towards greater retention
· Respond to informational requests in person, via telephone and email, and on site from potential students, staff, high school counselors and others interested in Utah Valley University and create/update informational materials
· Assist students with the enrollment and registration process and remove holds, or give proper info when advisor is out of office
· Write and edit promotional and informational materials as well as keep the websites up to date.
· Manage day-to-day operations of the office
· Assist faculty and staff with questions related to departmental information such as program changes, assessment guidelines, course and instructor information, transfer issues, scholarships and appropriate referrals
· Design, supervise, verify, and track seven student employees’ projects and monitor the level of service provided
· Prepare complex documents & reports for Department Chair and ESL Director
· Assist in writing institutional, state, and federal reports.
· Assist members of the department with research, note-taking, composition of correspondence, proctoring of tests, etc
· Assist Departmental Chair and ESL Director to prepare and monitor department budget reports and also maintain balanced budgets
· Coordinate department financial activities such as new hire paperwork completion and submission of timecards, requisitions, purchase orders, travel expenses, e-PAF and e-SAF
· Order and maintain inventory, office equipment, and supplies for the Basic Composition and ESL Department
· Arrange meetings and travel for department members
Perform other tasks as assigned by ESL Program Director and/or Department Chair, and maintain confidentiality and professionalism
ELIZABETH NIELD has been employed at Utah Valley University since 2008.
La Salle Cancun University, Cancun Q. Roo, Mexico
*Bachelor in Business Management
Received Dissertation with Honorable Mention