Student Health Services
I am the director of Medical Services and one of my many responsibilities is to keep UVU students healthy. I, along with my associates, perform necessary medical services for UVU faculty, staff and students. This includes but is not limited to; physicals, ill exams, premarital and birth control counseling along with women's health care, immunizations, laceration and wound repair, treatment and medication management of acute or chronic conditions, minor orthopedic care, treatment of acne or other skin conditions, wart removals, mental health care, prescription assistance, laboratory testing, and referrals to specialty care when indicated.
Christine Renfro has been at UVU since 2002.
- TEACHING PHILOSOPHY:
- My philosphy regarding college health is that all students should have access to affordable, quality health care. Success in the classroom can only be accomplished when health and wellness is maintained, and healthy lifestyles are promoted
- Associate of Science in Nursing from Brigham Young University, 1981
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Weber State University, 1999
- Master of Science in Nursing- Family Nurse Practitioner from University of Utah, 2002
- Board Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through ANCC
- Fully licensed in the state of Utah as an Advance Practice Registered Nurse
- BLS and ACLS certified
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS I AM ASSOCIATED WITH:
- Member of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member of Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- Personal Information
- Married, and the mother of 4 children, and 2 grandchildren. I like to read and enjoy outdoor activities in my spare time.