|Title:||Professor - Languages Spanish|
* In charge of the Business Spanish Courses and the administration of the Qualifying Exams from the Chamber of Commerce of Madrid. * In charge of the Study Abroad Program in Spain and/or Mexico for college credit. * Teach SPAN 4050, SPAN 3510 Culture of Spain, SPAN 3520 Culture of Latin America. SPAN 3200 Business Spanish I and SPAN 4200 Business Spanish II, SPAN 4110 Introduction to Translation and Interpretation and SPAN 4130 English/Spanish Interpretation as a Service to the Community
Liliana E. Riboldi has been at UVSC since 1995.
- TEACHING PHILOSOPHY:
- I view learning as an exciting road of discovery. I love to learn and I see myself as a mentor and a guide to personal discovery and realization.
- Ph.D. in Languages and Literature Applied Linguistics from University of Utah, 1997
- M.A. in Latin American Literature from University of Utah, 1993
- B.S. in Education and English from Instituto Superior del Profesorado, 1986
- Certificate of Proficiency in Translation to and from English/Spanish from the University of Cambridge, 1986.
Qualifying Examinations in Business Spanish
In representation of the Chamber of Commerce of Madrid, I am in charge of the administration of their Qualifying Exam: Certificado Superior de Español de los Negocios.
SPAN 3200 and SPAN 4200 prepares students to successfully take this Certification.
- Spanish Courses Coordinator
In this capacity, I am responsible for Course scheduling and distribution among our Full-time and Adjunct Faculty
- Study Abroad Program for Spanish
I've been in charge of this Program for a number of years. We have taken students to Mexico and Spain during the summer Semesters. We're looking forward to implementing a Semester Abroad for our Spanish Majors