B.A. Cell Biology, University of Utah.
Ph.D. Biochemistry, University of Washington.
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Oregon Health Sciences University.
Research Associate, Brigham Young University.
Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University.
1. Karen Merrell, Craig D. Thulin, M. Sean Esplin and Steven W. Graves (2008) Development of a comprehensive serum proteomic approach capable of monitoring the low molecular weight serum proteome and of sequencing intermediate to large peptides. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, In review.
2. Li Yang, Richard Bennett, John Strum, Benjamin B. Ellsworth, David Hamilton, Matthew Tomlinson, Rudolf W. Wolf, Michael Housley, Brad A. Roberts, Jesse Welsh, Bruce J. Jackson, Steven G. Wood, Carole L. Banka, Craig D. Thulin and Matthew R. Linford (2008) Screening Phosphatidylcholine Biomarkers in Mouse Liver Extracts from a Hypercholesterolemia Study using ESI/MS and Chemometrics. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, In press.
3. Karen Merrell, Craig D. Thulin, M. Sean Esplin and Steven W. Graves (2008) Systematic Internal Standard Selection for Capillary Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Time Normalization to Facilitate Serum Proteomics. Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, 19; 322-329.
4. Thomas F. Culwell, Craig D. Thulin, Karen J. Merrell and Steven W. Graves (2008) Influence of Diet on the Proteome of Drosophila Melanogaster as Assessed by Two Dimensional Gel Electrophoresis and Capillary Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry: The Hamburger Effect Revisited. Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, 19; 244-250.
5. Jenny M. Armenta, Binghe Gu, Craig D. Thulin and Milton L. Lee (2007) Coupled affinity-hydrophobic monolithic column for on-line removal of immunoglobulin G, preconcentration of low abundance proteins and separation by capillary zone electrophoresis. Journal of Chromatography A, 1148; 115–122.
6. Sarah Warburton, Wayne E. Davis, Katie Southwick, Huijun Xin, Adam T. Woolley, Gregory F. Burton, and Craig D. Thulin (2007) Proteomic and phototoxic characterization of melanolipofuscin: Correlation to disease and model for its origin. Molecular Vision, 13; 318-329.
7. Georgi L. Lukov, Christine M. Baker, Paul J. Ludtke, Ting Hu, Michael D. Carter, Ryan A. Hackett, Craig D. Thulin, and Barry M. Willardson (2006) Mechanism of assembly of G protein subunits by CK2-phosphorylated phosducin-like protein and the cytosolic chaperonin complex. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 281(31); 22261-22274.
8. Binghe Gu, Zhaoyuan Chen, Craig D. Thulin, and Milton L. Lee (2006) Efficient polymer monolith for strong cation-exchange capillary liquid chromatography of peptides. Analytical Chemistry, 78; 3509-3518.
9. Sarah Warburton, Katie Southwick, Ryan M. Hardman, Aaron M. Secrest, Ryan K. Grow, Huijun Xin, Adam T. Woolley, Gregory F. Burton, and Craig D. Thulin (2005) Examining the Proteins of Functional Retinal Lipofuscin Using Limited Proteomic Analyses as a Guide. Molecular Vision, 11; 1122-1134.
10. Jenny M. Armenta, Binghe Gu, Paul H. Humble, Craig D. Thulin, and Milton L. Lee (2005) Design and evaluation of a coupled monolithic preconcentrator-capillary zone electrophoresis system for the extraction of immunoglobulin G from human serum. Journal of Chromatography A, 1097(2005); 171-178.
11. Bruce Y. Lee, Craig D. Thulin and Barry M. Willardson (2004) Site-specific phosphorylation of phosducin in intact retina – Dynamics of phosphorylation and effects on G protein βγ dimer binding. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 279(52); 54008-54017.
12. Prakash Bhosale, Alexander J. Larsen, Katie Southwick, Craig D. Thulin and Paul S. Bernstein (2004) Identification and characterization of a pi isoform of glutathione S-transferase (GSTP1) as a zeaxanthin binding protein in the macula of the human eye. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 279(47); 49447-49454.
13. Michael D. Carter, Katie Southwick, Georgi L. Lukov, Barry M. Willardson and Craig D. Thulin (2004) Identification of phosphorylation sites on phosducin-like protein by QToF mass spectrometry. Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, 15(4); 257-264.
14. ZhaoYuan Chen, Katie Southwick and Craig D. Thulin (2004) Initial analysis of the phosphoproteome of Chinese Hamster Ovary cells using electrophoresis. Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, 15(4); 249-256.
15. Karen Merrell, Katie Southwick, Steven W. Graves, M. Sean Esplin, Nathan E. Lewis and Craig D. Thuin (2004) Analysis of Low-Abundance, Low-Molecular-Weight Serum Proteins Using Mass Spectrometry. Journal of Biomolecular Techniques, 15(4); 238-248.
16. Joseph N. McLaughlin, Craig D. Thulin, Steven M. Bray, Mickey M. Martin, Terry S. Elton and Barry M. Willardson (2002) Regulation of angiotensin II-induced G protein signaling by phosducin-like protein. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 277(38); 34885-34895.
17. Joseph N. McLaughlin, Craig D. Thulin, Sarah J. Hart, Katheryn A. Resing, Natalie G. Ahn and Barry M. Willardson (2002) Regulation of cytosolic chaperonin-mediated protein folding by phosducin-like protein. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 99(12); 7962-7967.
18. Craig D. Thulin, Justin R. Savage, Joseph N. McLaughlin, Stephen M. Truscott, William M. Old, Natalie G. Ahn, Katheryn A. Resing, Heidi E. Hamm, Mark W. Bitensky and Barry M. Willardson (2001) Modulation of the G-protein regulator phosducin by calcium-calmodulin dependent protein kinase II phosphorylation and 14-3-3 protein binding. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 276(26); 23805-23815.