Veit, Dr. George F.
Department Chair Dental Hygiene, Supervising Dentist for 2nd year clinics, Didactic and Clinical Instructor in Local Anesthesia ( DH III ), Instructor: DENT 489R, DENT 3200 & DENT 4200, Advisor for the Dental Hygiene Department, Faculty Senator
George F Veit has been at UVUsince 1999.
- TEACHING PHILOSOPHY:
- I want to create a student centered environment conducive to learning. I serve as a facilitator and try to model clinical, communicative, and professional skills and attitudes. I try to help the students connect learning to real life experiences they will encounter as vital members of the health care team. I try to develop students' critical thinking and problem solving skills they will need as health care providers. I believe dental hygienists should be oral health educators and facilitators in their patients' quests for the understanding of and attainment of optimum oral and general health through prevention, communication, education and treatment.
- BS in Biology from Fairleigh Dickinson University, 1975
- DDS in Dentistry from New York University, 1980
- MS in Education (Teaching and Learning) from Nova Southeastern University, 2001
- New Jersey Dental License
- Utah Dental License
- National Boards
- Northeast Regional Boards
- PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS:
- Supervising Dentist Middlessex County College - 1999
- Lecturer and Supervising Dentist UVU - 1999-2000
- Clinical Instructor SLCC - 1999
- Assistant Professor - 2001
- Associate Professor- 2007
- Chair Dental Hygiene - 2001 to present
- PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS I AM ASSOCIATED WITH:
- American Dental Hygiene Association
- American Dental Association
- Utah Dental Hygiene Educators Association
- American Dental Educators Association