Wait List Process
A wait list is an electronic list of students who want to enroll in a course that
has reached maximum capacity (closed). Wait list is first come, first serve according
to the date and time the student selects the wait list option.
Students can register for the course on UV link. Once the course is full they can
choose the wait list option until it is full. When/if a space becomes available the
first person on the wait list will be sent an email to notify them. They will then
have 24 hours from the time the email was sent to go to UV link and register for the
course. If they do not register within the 24 hours they will be removed from the
list and the next student will be sent an email. Students are encouraged to check
their email at least twice a day while waiting for an opening.
- A course with a waitlist option may show an opening due to the fact that the first
person on the waitlist is still pending and has not yet registered for the open seat
or the 24 hours has not yet expired.
- On the Look Up Courses to Add page in UVLink it will show the waitlist counts in the
WL columns. If there is anyone on the waitlist a student cannot register for an open
seat without first adding onto the waitlist and receiving the email that there is
- If a student drops a course that has students on the waitlist the only way to get
back into the course is to add onto the waitlist and wait for another opening.
- If a student does not check their email until after the 24hrs have expired and still
wants to add the course they will need to re-add onto the waitlist and wait for another
- If there is an opening on the waitlist the student can add to the waitlist on line
or at One Stop.
- Students may be on more than one waitlist at the same time for different sections
of the same course.
- Students will only be able to get on waitlists through the first week of the semester.
- When adding a course from a waitlist be sure to click the “Submit Changes” box on
the Add/Drop Classes page.