25Live Glossary of Terms
- 25Live - A web-delivered event scheduling, room request, calendaring/publishing, and event
25Live is used in conjunction with the academic scheduling, security setup, and data
- Academic – Class Activity An event that is class-related, such as a study session, speaker
for a class, a film, make-up exam
- Ad hoc - A meeting option with recurring dates, not following a standard meeting pattern. Ad
hoc meetings must share the same start and end times.
- Affirmation - Agreement that the event and the location(s) or resources(s) requested are NOT
CONFIRMED until you have received an email confirmation from an event scheduler.
- Categories - Locations are grouped in two categories. They are grouped by building name and
also by type of space. e.g. classroom, computer lab, banquet facility, outdoor space.
Categories are used to refine your search options for spaces or locations.
- Event - Anything that can be scheduled, for example a class, a meeting, a concert, a banner
display, a vendor table, etc.
- Event Wizard - 25Live's web-based form with pre-defined questions and fields; used to submit event
- Event Status - (Event State) Represents the state of your event request
- Cancelled – Event will no longer be taking place
- Confirmed – Use of the space has been approved for requestor's use for that specific
date and time
- Denied – Space for the event is not approved
- Draft – Event request is in a submitted state and is pending approval
- Tentative – The space is being held, but has not yet been approved
- Features - Elements that are included as part of a space. These are elements that may not
be altered, such as carpeting, desks, and chairs.
- Layouts - Options for room configurations. This is what you want your room to look like.
Classrooms do not have alternate layouts.
- Repeating Events - Events that have the exact same time and location(s) for every occurrence. These
follow a regular meeting pattern.
- Requestor - An individual requesting the use of space. This person is the primary contact and
should be identified as such in the Event Wizard.
- Resources - Amenities, personnel, supplies, or equipment needed for an event. Resources are not
available in classrooms.
- Secondary Contact - A second individual who can be notified as a back-up to the primary requestor.
For student organizations, this must be your Advisor.
- Shared Space - Space that is not privately scheduled or managed by individual schools, departments,
- Starred - Selection is a favorite of the 25Live user, such as a favorite location or favorite
search within the system
- Published Calendar - This is a published calendar displaying on UVU's homepage. This calendar is accessible
by the public. Information on how events flow to this calendar can be found here
- 25Live Calendar - Not to be confused with a Published Web Calendar, all events created in 25Live are
viewable on the 25Live calendar from within 25Live. Only Faculty\Staff have access
to the link to this calendar and the 25Live system