Reporting Misconduct and Behavior Concerns
IF YOU SEE CONCERNING BEHAVIOR
- Emergency? Call 911 or UVU Police dispatch @ (801) 863-5555
- Non-Emergency? Call the Dean of Students office @(801) 863-1234
CONSULT WITH ANY MEMBER OF THE BEHAVIOR ASSESSMENT TEAM REGARDING CONCERNING BEHAVIOR
Chief of Police
Senior Director of Student Health Services
Director of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
Director of Accessibility Services
Associate Vice President of Student Life/Dean of Students
Emergency Manager and Risk Manager
MANAGING THE SITUATION
If you can confront the individual:
- Stay calm, don’t overreact.
- Maintain a quiet tone, don’t get into a yelling match.
- Invite them to sit down to discuss their concerns.
- Actively listen to their concerns and take notes.
- Provide any support or resources you can.
- Refer them to the appropriate entities.
In an active shooter situation:
Opt In to the campus emergency communication system, and to access the video Shots Fired.