Preventative Health Care
Five Habits of Highly Effective Students
- Eat well and regularly. Make good food choices and avoid fad diets.
- Drink! At least 8 full glasses of water a day. Avoid excessive caffeine, carbonation and alcohol.
- Exercise. Experts recommend 30-45 minutes of daily exercise to lose weight and 30 minutes 3x/week to maintain weight. Exercise will help you concentrate better, relieve stress and have more energy.
- Get plenty of rest. Go to bed before 11 pm to avoid adverse effects on your natural sleep-wake cycle. If you are well rested, your immune system is strengthened.
- Wash your hands! This is the most important thing you can do to prevent illness and the spread of disease.
Is it a Virus, Bacteria or Allergy???
|Recurs at particular season?||No||No||Often|
|Only a single complaint?||Unusual||Usual||Unusual|
|Do antibiotics help?||No||Yes||No|
|Can a doctor help?||Seldom||Yes||Sometimes|