Action Learning and Academics
Action Learning is learning by doing—but doing at the highest level possible. At the university, it is the moving past the theory of the classroom and engaging the world around us to engage the mind, body, skill and genius of the student that is the magic of learning . Action Learning is dynamic passionate learning that uses the high perception and reasoning of the student in pursuing understanding and using that understanding to bring about positive change and increased knowledge, while addressing pressing needs and complexities in our world.
Academic Action-Learning is a method of instruction where students learn and develop through active participation in thoughtfully organized engaged learning projects and expeditions that:
• Is integrated into and enhances academic and co-curricular learning,
• Is conducted in an off-campus environment,
• Is coordinated with community and/or professional partners,
• Helps foster creative thinking and problem solving,
• Includes structure time ofr the students to reflect, create and invent using their individual genius.
To learn more about Action Learning and Academics and the OSI, visit the Office of Student Involvement (LC205), call us (801-863-6227), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our monthly calendar. Visit today,get involved today!