One-time setup for your office, laptop, or home machine
- On your Windows 7 system select: Start => Control Panel
- Under "Network and Internet" select "View network status and tasks"
- Under "Change your networking settings" select "Set up a new connection or network"
- In the "Set Up a Connection or Network" option box select "Connect to a workplace"
and click Next
- In the "Do you want to use a connection that you already have?" option box select
"No, create a new connection"
- In the "How do you want to connect?" option box, click the "Use my Internet connection
- In the "Type the Internet address to connect to" dialog box enter the following:
- Internet address: stuvpn.tc.uvu.edu
- Destination name: T&C VPN
- Click Next
- In the "Type your user name and password" dialog box enter the following:
- User name: ad\yourUVIDNumber (i.e. ad\12345678)
- Password: yourUVLinkPassword (i.e mySecurePassword123)
- Click Connect. A "Connecting to VPN Connection" dialog box will appear and eventually
display a "You are connected" message.
- Click Close
To Enhance the Performance of Your VPN Connection
- Click the network icon in the taskbar
- Right-click "T&C VPN Connection" from the dial-up and VPN options list
- Select Properties
- Select the Security tab
- In the Type of VPN: dropdown box, select "Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)"
- This change decreases the time it takes to negotiate a secure connection
- Select the Networking tab
- In the "This connection uses the following items:" option list clear the "Internet
Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" checkbox.
- This change eliminates IPv6 traffic that may reduce VPN throughput