Classroom Testing Center (CTC)
Information on classroom testing hours.
Student Score Information
- Log in to chitester.uvu.edu using your UVID and log in
- Highlight Exam Name
- Click on "View Test Scores" if you do not know your UVID Log In, contact the IT Support Desk at (801) 863-8888.
For students using UVU Testing Services, we consider the following behaviors to be academically dishonest:
- Copying from another person's work during an examination.
- Allowing someone to copy from you during an examination.
- Using unauthorized materials during an examination.
- Taking an examination for another or permitting another to take an exam for you.
- Obtaining or providing answers to an unadministered test.
- Removing or attempting to remove a test, its answers, or any portion thereof, from Testing Services
- Discussing the contents/answers of an examination already taken with a student who has not entered to take the exam.
Consistent with the expectations of Utah Valley University, individuals caught engaging in any of the above-described behaviors will receive a zero on their exam and be referred to Campus Police and their instructor for appropriate disciplinary action.
Is it worth it? DON'T TAKE THE CHANCE!
Cell Phone Policy
All cell phones must be turned OFF before entering the Testing Center, not on silent or vibrate. If your cell phone rings or vibrates in the Testing Center you will not receive a score after completing your test. A $10 fine must be paid in order for a score to be given to the student and the Instructor.
Children in the Classroom Testing Center
Classroom Testing Center supports the UVU policy on “Children in the Classrooms” policy. Campus police will be notified when children are found unattended in the halls around the Testing Center.
Part of Student Rights and Responsibilities stated, “ The College expects all students to obey the law, to show respect for properly constituted authority...observe a high standard of conduct for the academic environment….a student enrolled in the College accepts the obligation to conduct himself/herself in an adult manner acceptable at an institution of higher education”. For more on Student Rights and Responsibilities please refer to the current catalog.
Classroom Testing Center understands the stress students are going through before testing. We strive to give the best service to all of our clientele at all times. Any issues or concerns about our service, please email our office at email@example.com.
Things to Know Before Coming to the Testing Center
- Know class name, course number and instructor’s name.
- A current Government issued picture ID is required to test (UVU ID, driver’s license, military, or passport).
- A #2 pencil is needed for bubble sheets.
- All books, papers, notebooks, etc… must be contained in a backpack or in a Testing Center black bag (provided) and placed under your desk.
- All electronic devices, including but limited to, cell phones, tablets, laptops, and pagers must be powered off before entering the Testing Center and placed into the black bag. There are no electronic dictionaries allowed, only paperback, if authorized by the instructor.
- Food and drink are not permitted.
- While testing, items should never be taken out of your bag without checking with a Testing Center employee first. It could be interpreted as cheating.
SCRATCH PAPER, CUE SHEETS, TESTING AIDS
- Students are required to supply their own scratch paper, ONLY if authorized by the instructor to a maximum of 10 pages.
- All paper used for testing will be stamped with a CTC stamp and will be collected at the end of the test. The scratch paper will be discarded.
- Cue sheets/notes should meet your instructor’s specifications for size and number of pages. The testing center staff has the right to refuse any cue sheet or notes that are questionable.
- Scientific, graphing and programmable calculators are allowed only when specified by your instructor and the memory must be cleared.
- The following are NOT permitted for use: electronic dictionaries, headphones, computers/laptops, cell phones, pagers, palm pilots, or any other electronic devices.
PAYMENT OF FEES
- Pencils and blue books are sold in the Classroom Testing Center. Pencils are $0.25 and blue books are $0.50.
- Taking the test on the “fee day” will result in a $4.00 fee. (Students can check online to look up their tests schedule and scores online). Log in to your Chi Account (using your UVID and password) for this information.
- Classroom Testing cannot make change for anything greater than a $20.00 bill. All charges must be paid in either cash or card. There is an ATM available in the building that dispenses $1's, $5's, and $10's for your convenience.
TURNING IN A FINISHED TEST
- Students should leave their backpack/black bag closed until they have turned in the test.
- ALL testing materials (including scratch paper) must be turned in to the employee at the counter. Scratch paper will be discarded.
- After the exam has been scored the student will not be able to review the test or see answers from their scantron. Any questions regarding answers or test questions should be directed to the instructor, not a Testing Center employee.
THE REMOVAL OF TESTS OR TESTING MATERIALS FROM THE TESTING CENTER IS VIEWED AS CHEATING AND WILL BE REPORTED TO THE INSTRUCTOR, THE DEAN OF STUDENT LIFE AND CAMPUS POLICE.