Testing accommodations can be provided for a student with documented disabilities
by the UVU Accessibility Services Department. To coordinate testing arrangements with the Accommodative Testing Center, students
and faculty are required to arrange the following:
- Exam Notification – Faculty members are encouraged to provide students with sufficient notice of exam
- Scheduling – Students are responsible for scheduling an appointment to take their exam at least
24 business hours before the time the test is scheduled to begin. Students must know
their class name, course number and teacher’s name.
- Exam Drop Off – It is the faculty’s responsibility to have the exam submitted via the online CHI
database before the student’s scheduled test time. At the time of submission, faculty
must indicate the name of the student and what testing aids are permitted to the student,
if any. If the test is available in the Classroom Testing Center for the rest of the
class, please have the student indicate that when they call in to schedule their appointment.
In order to ensure test security, exams are only allowed to be submitted via the online
- Fees – Students should be aware that if their test is available to the rest of the class
at the Classroom Testing Center and they test on a Fee Day, they will still need to
pay the $4.00 fee.
- Testing Day – Students should arrive at the Accommodative Testing Center at least 10 minutes
before their appointment. Students are not allowed to bring any testing materials
into the testing room except testing aids approved by their instructor. After a student
has completed an exam, all test materials, testing aids, and scratch papers will be
collected. If you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment, your room reservation
may be reassigned and you may be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Return of Completed Exam – Faculty members are required to pick up the completed exam as soon as possible.