Technology Management Mission Statement
The mission of the Technology Management department is to provide academic degrees in technical and operations management relevant to the global economy. Our courses provide appropriate knowledge and skills through engaged learning, hands-on activities, scholarship investigation, ethical responsibility, creativity, and lifelong learning. Students will be prepared for professional careers in management and entrepreneurship as well as provided with a strong foundation for advanced academic study. Our graduates will also be prepared to contribute to their employers and communities through leadership, service, and a concern for the environment.
Technology Management Principles
- In Technology Management student success and lifelong learning is our highest priority. We maintain small class sizes to increase focus on our students and to better facilitate engaged learning and curiosity.
- We believe our teaching should be current, relevant, and applicable. Our faculty present the most current technology in a way that is useful, challenging, and fun, so that students come away with skills that are useful immediately, as well as when working in the industry.
- Every student can succeed in technology management through integrity and dedication to the required courses. Instruction, assessment, and materials are linked to help students achieve success.
- We believe our classrooms should be engaged and hands-on to create practical knowledge.
- It is our job to prepare students for careers in industry and business. The technology management program prioritizes practical and marketable skills so students will be ready for the post-collegiate world and work opportunities.
- Technology Management supports the UVU mission of engaged learning and opportunity by working together as a team. We recognize the importance of working with other departments and bridging disciplines by sharing materials and best practices within UVU.
- Technology Management students can customize classes through stackable credentials and flexible scheduling so students get the most out of their educations. We welcome different viewpoints and understand that diversity is an asset in the classroom, and in the world.