Project Management Institute (PMI)
PMI is the leading global association for the project management profession. Since their founding in 1969, they have been at the forefront to create project management standards and techniques. Their goal is to advance the practice, science and profession of project management.
- Website: http://www.pmi.org/
- Student Membership: You can join PMI as a student member if you are enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited university.
American Society of Quality (ASQ)
ASQ is the world's leading membership organization devoted to quality. ASQ's Vision: By making quality a global priority, an organizational imperative, and a personal ethic, the American Society for Quality becomes the community for everyone who seeks quality concepts, technology, and tools to improve themselves and their world.
- Monthly Meeting: Events Calendar
- When: Meet on the third Thursday of the month between the months of September and June. Meetings consist of Section business, networking, and a presentation on a topic of interest. Meetings are open to anyone wishing to attend. Reservations can be made via email to Carol Freasier firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 801-972-5555 ext 229
- Where: Location changes every month
- Cost: Varies, depends on location and menu
- Website: ASQ Salt Lake Section | ASQ Home Page
- Student Membership: Membership is designed for full-time students attending an accredited college or university.
Advancing Productivity, Innovation, and Competitive Success (APICS) The Association for Operations Management
APICS is a not-for-profit international education organization, offering certification programs, training tools and networking opportunities in increase workplace performance. Mission Statement: APICS builds knowledge and skills in operations management professionals to enhance and validate abilities and accelerate careers. We help our members and their organizations successfully compete and build a stronger global economy.
- Salt Lake Chapter Upcoming Events
- Sundance Chapter Upcoming Events
- When: Professional Development Meetings are held monthly, usually on the third Thursday of the month at 12:00, noon. They are intermixed with at least two site tours per year. Typically, no Professional Development Meeting is held in December.
- Where: Location changes every month
- Cost: Varies, depends on location
- Salt Lake Chapter | Sundance Chapter
- Student Membership: APICS student membership provides you with timely news, proven practices, essential resources, and expert connections that help you excel in your academics and future career.
American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
ASSE is the largest and oldest professional safety organization. ASSE is a global organization that works to advance the technical, scientific, managerial and ethical knowledge and skills of occupational safe, health and environmental professionals, and is committed to protecting people, property, and the environment.
- Website: Salt Lake Chapter
Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET)
PICMET is a non-profit organization to disseminate information on technology management through an international conference. Their focus is on bringing together the experts on technology management to address the issues involved in managing current and emerging technologies.
- Website: http://www.picmet.org/main/
International Association for the Management of Technology (IAMOT)
IAMOT is an international non-profit organization whose purpose is to encourage high quality research and education in the field of Management of Technology.
- Website: http://www.iamot.org
- Student Membership: Student membership is available for a full time undergraduate or graduate student.