Before Your Trip
- A Travel Authorization Form must be completed and approved by an appropriate supervisor for all overnight and out-of-state travel. It must be sent to the Travel Office (MS 109) before any travel arrangements are
made or any reimbursements given.
- Conference registration forms should be completed and sent to Purchasing with the Banner requisition number
listed on the form. The registration form and check will be mailed by Accounts Payable
unless other arrangements are made. Please allow sufficient processing time to meet
deadlines and "early-bird" discounts. A procurement card may also be used for conference
- Travel advances are available for up to 75% of the estimated out-of-pocket expenses with a minimum advance of $150. Please check the box on the travel authorization form to request an advance. Please
allow enough time for processing. All advances are picked up in Finance and Business
Services (BA109) by the traveler. The only items prepaid are airline tickets and conference
registration fees. All other expenses will be paid by the traveler and reimbursed later.
- Airline Tickets must be ordered through the Travel Office. Please give to the Travel Office (MS109),
email@example.com, ext. 8965, all pertinent information – times, dates, and discounts offered by the
conference. UVU uses the State Travel Office to obtain state negotiated rates that
can be purchased at any time and are fully refundable.
- Out-of-state travel via private automobile is reimbursed at the mileage rate multiplied by the miles driven or the lowest available
airfare (through the Travel Office) plus airport transportation and reasonable parking
fees, whichever is less. No additional expenses are reimbursed for travel en route. The University will reimburse
only those expenses incurred had the traveler used a commercial airline.
- Rental cars, if considered necessary, are to be reserved through the Travel Office. UVU uses
the State Travel Office to obtain car rentals. Contracted rates include unlimited
miles, liability and collision insurance, and the loss damage waver. There is no charge
for underage drivers and an additional driver can be added at no extra charge. Rental
cars are available for both in-state and out-of-state travel. The Travel Office will only make the reservation. It is the travelers responsibility
to pay for the rental then later be reimbursed at the end of the trip.
- Lodging arrangements are made by the traveler. No hotel deposits are paid by the University.
Please use a travel advance as described above or a personal credit card to guarantee
the room reservation. Travelers staying with friends or relatives are reimbursed $35
per night - please provide the name, address, and phone number of the person with
whom the traveler stayed. An itemized lodging receipt is required for reimbursement
- a credit card receipt is not sufficient documentation.
- If a traveler has any questions or concerns please ask BEFORE the trip. This will avoid reimbursement problems after travel has been completed.