Mileage rates: Current rate is .575/mile.
Lodging: Applicable to testers who travel over 100 miles to test. (Needs prior approval
from Certification Coordinator or Program Manager.)
Meals: (Only applicable with an overnight stay) Breakfast $10, Lunch $13, and Dinner
To be a Certification Tester, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active member of a fire department in Utah.
- Be certified, as a minimum Firefighter I. It is strongly recommended the person is
certified as Instructor I.
- Submit a Certification Tester Application, which can be obtained by contacting Lori
Howes, along with two letters of recommendation.
To continue as a Certification Tester, the person must adhere to the following:
- Attend and complete the Certification Tester course as offered by the Certification
- Attend up-date training every year or as determined by the Certification Council.
- Be state certified at equal or higher to the level they are testing unless otherwise
approved by the Certification Council.
- Adhere to all other Certification Tester policies and procedures listed in the Certification
Policy and Procedures Manual.