Certification Tester Information
Certification Testers Must:
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while representing the Utah
Fire Service Certification Council (UFSCC).
- Attend update training every year or as determined by the Certification Council.
- Adhere to all Certification Tester policies and procedures.
- Be an active member of a fire department in Utah.
- Be certified, as a minimum Firefighter I. It is strongly recommended the person is
certified as Instructor I.
- Be state certified at equal or higher to the level they are testing unless otherwise
approved by the Certification Council.
Required Application Documents:
- Completed Certification Tester Application
- Two current letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from your current chief/administrator. If you are the chief/administrator,
one letter must be from the mayor of your city/town.
- Current In-House testers will only need one letter
- Signed "Memo of Understanding" by applicant and chief
Mileage rates: Current rate is .535/mile. Lodging: Applicable to testers who travel
over 100 miles to test. (Needs prior approval from Certification Coordinator or Program
Manager.) Meals: (Only applicable with an overnight stay) Breakfast $10, Lunch $13,
and Dinner $16.