Presidential Fellowship for Faculty Scholarship
The Presidential Fellowship Program is awarded to select faculty for exceptional research
and creative projects. The fellowship is designed to promote faculty development through
scholarship that models the university’s commitment to academic excellence through
engaged learning. Five fellowships will be awarded each year in the amount of $8,000
each for compensation and expenses related to the project.
- Award monies may be used at the recipient’s discretion for hiring research assistants,
purchasing books and other research materials or equipment, travel related to the
research, and other related expenses consistent with university policy and federal
and state law.
- The award may not be used to buy computer equipment as this is the responsibility
of individual departments.
- Expenses will be processed through college or school financial managers.
- For projects that extend beyond one year, fellowship monies may be expended until
June 30th, 2016.
1. Click here to apply for scholarship funding. You will be transported to OrgSync, where you will
create a membership logon.
2. Click on "Signup" and complete membership.
3. Logon to OrgSync with username and password.
4. Locate Office of Engaged Learning page and click on "Join Now."
5. Click on "Forms."
6. Select "Presidential Fellowship for Faculty Scholarship" to complete application
Application Deadline: April 20, 2015 by 5:00 pm
The fellowship will be paid in two installments:
- At the beginning of the scholarship period (beginning July 1, 2015)
- Upon acceptance of the work for publication, public performance, or exhibition
All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarly and Creative Activities Committee.
Applicants will be notified no later than May 15, 2015.
Applications are limited to full-time faculty (lecturers and tenure track).
For more information, contact Richard Tafalla at firstname.lastname@example.org, (801) 863-5270