Presidential Fellowship for Faculty Scholarship
The Presidential Fellowship Program is awarded to select faculty for exceptional research
and creative projects. The fellowship is designed to promote faculty development through
scholarship that models the university’s commitment to academic excellence through
engaged learning. Five fellowships will be awarded each year in the amount of $8,000
each for compensation and expenses related to the project.
Exceptional proposals will
- Demonstrated how project contributes to your scholarly field.
- Demonstrate how project advances your professional development, consistent with the
University's mission, core values, and emphasis on engaged learning.
- Demonstrate the project's potential for publication, performance or exhibition.
- Demonstrate how project facilitates student engagement.
- Award monies may be used at the recipient’s discretion for hiring research assistants,
purchasing books and other research materials or equipment, travel related to the
research, and other related expenses consistent with university policy and federal
and state law
- The award may not be used to buy computer equipment as this is the responsibility
of individual departments
- Expenses will be processed through college or school finance managers
- For projects that extend beyond one year, fellowship monies may be expended until
June 30th, 2015
Application materials must include the following:
- Cover letter (2-4 p.) describing the project (with the above considerations in mind)
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae (maximum of 4-5 p.)
- Letter of support from Department Chair and Dean
- Draft budget breakdown
- Supporting materials
The fellowship will be paid in two installments
- at the beginning of the scholarship period (beginning July 1, 2014)
- upon acceptance of the work for publication, public performance, or exhibition
Applications will be accepted through April 1, 2014 and may be submitted to Kathy
Ardmore or Richard Tafalla in the Office of Engaged Learning (BA211)
All applications will be reviewed by the Scholarly and Creative Activities Committee.
Applicants will be notified no later than April 15, 2014.
Applications are limited to full-time faculty (lecturers and tenure track)
For more information, contact Richard Tafalla at email@example.com, (801) 863-5270