Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF), formerly known as SCOP, is one of
the most popular and successful undergraduate research programs at UVU. Each summer,
upper-division students work with faculty mentors to conduct in-depth research or
creative work related to their chosen field of study. The Undergraduate Research Program
provides awards to support completion of these projects.
Funds are awarded in May of each year on a competitive basis. The maximum funding amount is $1500 per student. Awards may be used for travel, supplies, or student hourly wages. Proposals will be submitted to the Scholarly and Creative Activities Council for review.
Students awarded funding must send a 3-5 page summary, and a poster representing their findings prior to the beginning of the following school-year. They must also apply to present their research at a discipline specific, national, international, regional, or institutional conference.
1. Click here to apply for SURF funding. You will be transported to OrgSync, where you will create a membership login.
2. Click on "Signup" and complete membership.
3. Logon to OrgSync with username and password.
4. Locate Office of Engaged Learning page and click on "Join Now."
5. Click on "Forms."
6. Select "Summer Undergraduate Research Fund (SURF)" to complete application form.
March 16, 2015 by 5:00 pm
This is a firm deadline.
Notification of awards will be sent via email