Office of Undergraduate Research and International Programs
The Office of Undergraduate Research and International Programs and the subsidiary office The International Center, also know as the Butler Institute for International Understanding, is available to international students to provide visa information, employment advice, and academic advisement.
International Center (Education)
The International Center, also known as the Butler Institute for International Understanding, plans, promotes, facilitates, supports and coordinates international learning opportunities in cooperation with academic departments and other campus units on behalf of the students, faculty andthe UVU community. All Center activities support UVU in fulfilling its mission, which affirms the “value of learning. ..diversity and international understanding.”
International Affairs (Diplomacy & VIP hosting)
The Office of International Affairs actively supports UVU’s Global engagement efforts by:
- Advancing UVU’s presence and prestige in the international community;
- Reaching out to the world and bringing international diversity to UVU;
- Helping UVU students to become globally competent graduates;
- Promoting intercultural communication and understanding.
Center for Engaged Learning
Utah Valley University, with regard to its students and employees, will produce:
- People of Integrity (ethics, leadership and character)
- Professional Competence (quality teaching, up-to-date scholarship, faculty mentorship, advising and internships)
- Stewards of Place (serving the region, bolstering economic development, service learning, cultural activities and global awareness
The Utah Valley University Multicultural Center is proud to provide a full range of support services targeting American minorities, but not excluding others. Our mission is to promote educational opportunities and intercultural enrichment for diverse heritage students and the college community of UVU. We believe in nurturing student achievement and developing relationships that will support student success, academic growth, retention, and completion of educational programs.
Center for the Study of Ethics
Premised on the idea that moral discourse is vital to a flourishing, civil society, the purpose of the Center for the Study of Ethics is to explore the ethical dimensions of a wide variety of disciplines and contemporary moral issues. Designed to serve the needs of students, faculty, and the community at large, the Center promotes the study of ethics through curriculum development, public forums, publications, and faculty workshops. The Center facilitates discussion about the moral nuances of everyday life, and supports the individual effort of orienting oneself within the wider social horizon.