Academic Classes and Programs
Testing at the Wasatch Campus
Accuplacer Placement Test (New Student Assessment)
- All placement tests at the Wasatch Campus testing center are administered through the "Accuplacer" Computer-based Test System.
- The Testing Center, located in the Library, gives out its last assessment test at 5pm, Monday through Thursday and at 3pm on Fridays.
- Study guides can be found online or in bookstores, but we also have copies in our library. See below
- Fees: The accuplacer costs $10.00 for the first assessment. The initial fee covers both the Math and English portion of the test. Retakes cost extra.
- Retakes: There is a $10 fee for the first time a student takes the placement test. A student is allowed to take the test three times during a six-week period. The cost of the retake is $10 for math and $20 for an English retake.
Test Prep Resources
- Test Prep Review: At the Wasatch Campus Library, we have nine Accuplacer Study Guides (7 for 3-day checkout, 2 that remain on reserve in the library).
- You can check out the book Accuplacer: Exam Secrets Study Guide for a three-day checkout. We also have copies that remain in the library.
The Wasatch Campus occasionally hosts a Kaplan test preparation. These events are free and information about the next ACT/SAT practice test sponsored by Kaplan is available at the Kaplan Website
ACT Residual Exam
The ACT-R is offered at the Orem Campus. Please visit their website at www.uvu.edu/testingservices for more details.
All candidates must come into the UVU Orem Campus Testing Center office at least 24 hours in advance to register or if you live in the Wasatch or Summit counties you may phone. Please bring a valid government issued photo identification and your payment in cash at the time of registration. Scores to this test are only valid here at UVU. A sixty day waiting period is required before retaking the ACT Residual. For more information, please call (801)863-8269 or visit Testing Services in Orem.
ACT National Test Dates
The Wasatch Campus will host the ACT National Exam for all 5 test dates during the 2009-2010 Academic Year. Students must contact their high school counselor or sign up on-line with ACT.
ACT National Test Dates
- April 12, 2014
- June 14, 2014
- September 13, 2014
- October 25, 2014
- December 13, 2014
- February 7, 2015
- April 18, 2015
- June 13, 2015