About Web Development Services
What is Web Development Services?
Web Development Services (WDS) is a department of the Information Technology organization
at Utah Valley University. We have been created to assist all departments on campus
to design, implement, and maintain their presence on the web. Our staff are highly
skilled developers that strive to bring innovation, performance, and image together
on the web.
- We serve as a resource for faculty wishing to implement course materials online and
encourage all faculty to use the web in their instructional activities.
- We assist the administration in creating and maintaining a professional, consistent,
and accurate brand, or image, for UVU on the Web.
- We promote the university to all those wishing to gain a higher education and provide
services necessary for them to research UVU as an option.
- We help parents in their quest to find information pertaining to UVU as they search
for schools for their children or assist their students currently attending UVU.
- We provide an infrastructure for employers to utilize in their search for highly skilled
students and graduates to fill the employment needs in their companies.
- We continually add services online for UVU staff and faculty to use as an intranet
in their daily job duties.
- We encourage the use of our Web site by our alumni in many areas including services
and benefits and opportunities to be affiliated with UVU through giving or service.
Our Mission Statement
The Utah Valley University Web Development Services department supports students,
faculty, staff, and the community in their educational progression by providing a
dynamic, professional, and accessible medium of communication. We design, coordinate
and administer the delivery of current information, portraying the direction and image
of UVU. Focusing on professional customer service and assistance, we help those wishing
to take part in the UVU web experience.