The new Professional Page system allows all full-time employees to have a page on
the UVU web site that promotes them as an employee of UVU. This page is used to present
professional information about each UVU team member in a consistent and unified manner.
Please keep all information relative to your employment at UVU.
Information appropriate on the Professional Pages (not a complete list)
- Your contact information at UVU
- Your picture
- Your office location
- Your office hours
- Your vitae
- Links to course materials (all course materials need to be in WebCT)
- Your resumé information
Information not appropriate on the Professional Pages (not a complete list)
- Pictures of your family
- Description of vacations and family outings
- Personal business information
- Copyrighted materials
- Personal projects you are working on
How to Login
Go to http://www.uvu.edu/profpages/ to access your page.
To get into to the Profpage system, click on the link above or type in the url in
a new browser window.There are a few options that allows you to login easily. Find
and click on your name or click on the login button at the top right side of the directory
page in the directory listing.If you are on your prof page, click on the "Login" link
at the top right of your page and you will be prompted for a UV ID and password.
Enter in your UV ID and your uv pin will be your password. If you opted to click on
the login button at the right side of the directory page, enter your UV ID and your
uv pin. If you have any questions about your UV ID or password, contact the Service
Desk at ext. 8888.Now that you are logged in, there are many options that will allow
you to customize your page. All of your options are now listed on the left side of
the page. Feel free to explore all of the options available and familiarize yourself
How Do I Edit My Page and Information?
- Assign Profile Manager: This option allows you to assign another person to your account who will be able
to edit and update your page. This is particularly usful if you have an assistant
who you would like to update your page for you. All you have to do is search for that
person in the search box and when you find them click select. that person will then
have a button that appears on their professional page allowing them access to your
- View/Edit Contact Information: This allows you to update all of your contact information and use alternate contact
emails instead of the one that is listed in uvbanner. Please feel free to input as
much or as little information as you want. When you are finished filling out the
information click save.
- View/Edit Description/Vitae: (Please note that the Description/Vitae editor is only available in Firefox and Internet
Explorer.) This option allows you to put text directly on your page you can put whatever you
want in here as long as it conforms to the appropriate use standards of the Professional
Page System. The text editor that you see works just like any other word editor that
you may have used. Just type and format the text how ever you like. When you are
done click save.
- View/Upload PDF: This option allows you to upload a pdf containing your resume or vitae or whatever
you see fit to put into a pdf. You can give it a title and then click on the browse
button to find the document on you computer. Once you have located the file click
upload and your pdf will be available for viewing or downloading on your professional
- View/Upload Image: You can upload a picture of yourself to be displayed on your page. To do this click
the browse button and navigate through your computer to where ever you saved your
picture. Once you have selected the picture that you want, fill in the title box and
click upload. The system will automatically resize the image to fit in its assigned
- View/Edit Calendar: This new feature will allow you to input and display your weekly schedule so anyone
who comes to your professional pages can know when you are available. This calendar
will only allow you to put in daily items so click on a single time slot and it will
allow you to specify all the info for that item.
- View/Edit Access Name: This feature allows you to pick a short url that you can give to people to quickly
access your page, for example we can change http://www.uvu.edu/profpages/profiles/show/user_id/4234
into http://www.uvu.edu/profpages/phillip_taylor. You have complete control of what
you would like the short url to be.
- Choose Layout: You have two layouts to choose from. Pick the one you like best and click save!
- Logout: This allows you to end the session.
- To see your updates/changes, navigate to your page and then clear your cache by pressing F5
or a shift-F5. For mac users control-F5.