Training, Tutorials & Guides
Microsoft Excel - Pivot Tables
Free and in a lab
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 AM
Date: 12/10/2009 (Thursday)
Location: Library 206
++ ALL ARE WELCOME ++
Covers: Excel Pivot Tables
- Making them
- Modifying them
- Making them pretty
- Filtering data in them
- Sharing them
- Updating them
There is space for 20 people. If you want to reserve a spot you can do one of the following:
- Reserve a spot via Facebook now
- contact me at email@example.com or else you can
- just show up (seating is first come first served).
Files for the training session
Be the first to know about future trainings and other cool things happening in Web Resource Services (an arm of UVU Marketing and Communications). Join the Web Resource Services Facebook Group.
Some notes (my outline):
Formatting data for use in a PivotTable report
- Data in 'data list' format (in a table) with no extra data surrounding it
- Using data from a 'table format'
- Using data not in a 'table format'
Creating a pivot table
- Row labels
- Column labels
- Moving stuff around
Moving the subtotals
- Go to 'design' tab
- layout / subtotals
pivot table field list task pane
move by going to top until you have a four arrow image; then move it to where
you want it.
options for hiding and showing: field list button to show/hide area
expand and collapse a row (if you have more than one)