Training, Tutorials & Guides
Connecting with the Net Generation
Free & in a lab
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Date: 6/16/2010 (Wednesday)
Location: Library 207
++ ALL ARE WELCOME ++
Covers: Those in the Net Generation (aka Gen Y, Millennial Generation, or Generation Next) are growing up in a world very different from past generations. The Internet, its Google-like viewpoints, and the other technologies that now exist are changing the way we see and interact with the world. This session will discuss trends, research, and technologies relating to this cohort.
There is space for 20 people. If you want to reserve a spot you can do one of the following:
- Reserve a spot via Facebook now
- contact me at email@example.com or else
- you can just show up (seating is first come first served).
Be the first to know about future trainings and other cool things happening in Web Resource Services (an arm of UVU Marketing and Communications). Join the Web Resource Services Facebook Group.
Files for training session:
- Kaiser Family: Generation M2: Media in the Lives of 8- to 18-Year-Olds http://www.kff.org/entmedia/mh012010pkg.cfm
- Pew Research: Millennials a portrait of generation next http://pewresearch.org/millennials/
- Digital Youth Research: Living and learning with new media http://digitalyouth.ischool.berkeley.edu/report
- Nielsen: How Teens Use Media http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/reports/nielsen_howteensusemedia_june09.pdf