OmniUpdate - Creating a New Page
First off, you need to have Site Manager Access. If you cannot do the below, then contact Anne Arendt (WRS) or Phil Taylor (WDS).
- Go to the directory where you want the file in Omni
- Click the 'content' tab to get the content list (even if it's already highlighted click it anyway)
- Hit 'new' in the upper right corner
- Choose 'new page' (unless you want a new directory then choose 'new section')
- Give the page a title (this can have spaces and capitalization as it is the 'title' in the head area as well as the breadcrumb)
- Give the page a file name. Keep the .pcf on the end of it. The system will change it from .pcf to .html when it creates the page.
Note: no spaces or special characters or capital letters please please please.
- Hit 'create'.
- Open the file in the edit mode and save it so it publishes to the live server.
- You are done! You should now be able to edit and link to your new page!
If you are on a high speed internet, you can also go to http://www.uvu.edu/wds/lib/media/creeatingnewpage.mov