Page Titles & Descriptions in OmniUpdate
One of the best and easiest things to do for SEO is to add useful Page Titles and Page Descriptions. When we say "useful" we mean something that quickly and easily describes what's on the page. Simply giving an About Us page a page title of "About Us" isn't going to be useful, particularly since there are so many departments at UVU who also have About Us pages (try doing a search on the words "About Us" on uvu.edu and you'll see what I mean). Instead give it a title that explains which department this About Us page is about (for example "About the Web Resource Services Department" OR "Web Resources Service: About Us").
Here is how to add/change Page Titles and Descriptions in OmniUpdate:
1. After logging in, click on the Content tab and find your page.
2. Click on the light bulb icon to the right of your page name (assuming someone else isn't currently editing the page - in which case there will be a padlock instead of a light bulb).
The light bulb will change to yellow and new icons will appear to the right of the page name.
3. Click on the Page Properties icon (the one that looks like a wrench).
4. Add/change the Page Title and the Page Description. (Note: Adding keywords is also helpful for SEO, but not as useful as the other two.)
5. Click the Save button.
6. Make sure to click the Publish Now button and then the Publish buttons to make sure the changes go live (and to check-in the page so others can edit it).