Experience for Students - Teaching at Thanksgiving Point
We would like to offer UVU Culinary Arts Institute students the opportunity to teach or help teach culinary art classes here at Thanksgiving Point. Classes are taught using the facilities in our Trellis Café during the evening hours.
Classes may include instruction, demonstration and hands-on. Culinary ingredients, supplies and most equipment (if available) will be provided. If interested, please contact us for additional information.
Marie Anderson | Education Programming
Family and Consumer Science Educator
3003 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043
801.768.4943 | thanksgivingpoint.org
Thanksgiving Point Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit farm, garden, and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning
Help Wanted for Spirit Lake Lodge - Summer Employment/Internship Opportunity
4 general workers to help with both the grill and the lodge
POSITION AVAILABLE: LODGE/GRILL WORKER
JOB DESCRIPTION: Staff members help with the whole resort. The job includes working in the restaurant: serving, washing dishes, cleaning up, running the register, and helping with cooking. Additionally, our staff will be serving as cashiers for the store (in the same space as the restaurant). Also, in the morning, they clean the cabins, change sheets, do laundry, and chop wood. They may also help with renting boats and helping on the dock. Employees must be 18 years or older, but no experience is necessary as we train on the job. They do need to be able to pass a Criminal Background Check, and cannot use drugs. Also they cannot use alcohol on the lodge property.
HOURS/SHIFT: Staff members work 3 ½ days per week: 3 twelve-hour shifts and one 4 hour shift. They split the week, working either: Saturday, Sunday, Monday and 1/2 of Tuesday; or 1/2 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. The restaurant is open only on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So each shift has two days of lodge duty/cleaning plus restaurant duty, and a day and a half of lodge duty/cleaning only. The days worked are grouped together so that folks can go backpacking or drive home for a couple of days.
PAY/BENEFITS: Pay is $170 per week, plus tips and board and room. Payday is every two weeks. Season is from June 1 thru Labor Day (September 7). Employees stay in the Lodge itself, which includes a bathroom. They can stay in the lodge on their days off as well, but must supply their own food on their days off. Boat rentals are free for employees (But customers have priority.)
DESCRIPTION OF SPIRIT LAKE LODGE: Our season is basically from Memorial day to Labor Day, but sometimes the snow is too deep to get in before the first week of June. We are at 10,200 ft elevation, at the East entrance of the High Uintah Wilderness Area and the Highline Trail. The lodge is where the road ends and the trails start. The Lodge is small, and was built in 1936, so it is an historic spot with lots of folks coming to stay or eat there for generations. We have 9 cabins, the lodge restaurant/convenience store, and boat rentals (one canoe, two row boats, and a paddle boat). The cabins are made of log, built in the 1930's/40's and each has a wood stove, which is the only source of heat. We also heat the lodge itself with two wood stoves. There is no electricity to the cabins. We do have a generator for the lodge, which we use to do laundry and run the internet for our mini ipad which we use as a cash register. Also, cell phones don't work here, so we have a mountain phone (1) that serves as the only phone in the area. Also, there are two bathrooms with running water, (one men's, one women's) and a shower house that is a bathroom also.
It is an amazing spot of paradise in a high mountain valley with 8 lakes in the basin and many more all around us. For someone who wants to gain experience in a wide range of hospitality tasks and loves the outdoors, it is a great summer opportunity.
The Old Spaghetti Factory - Hiring Kitchen Staff Now!
Line/Prep Cooks & Dishwashers
- Competitive wage – DOE
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity for advancement
- On-site training
- Need nights and weekend availability
- Call Frank De Santiago, Kitchen Manager at 801.224.6199, drop off an application downloaded at http://www.osf.com/pdf/OSF_hourlyApplication.pdf
The Old Spaghetti Factory
575 E University Parkway Space A-2
Orem, UT 84097
Collie’s Bar & Grill - Cook Positions Open! - Park City, UT
JOB: 5 cooking positions available
APPLY: At firstname.lastname@example.org
Merit Medical - Bistro Cook Opportunity
Hourly or Salaried:
Hourly, Wage DOE
Full-time-Regular, 1st Shift
5:00 AM to 3:30 PM (Monday - Thursday)
South Jordan, UT
COOK: Merit Medical has a beautiful Bistro Cafe onsite at our Corporate Headquarters-South
Jordan, Utah facility. Our Bistro Cafe strives for excellence in providing cuisine
entree items that rival that best restaurants in town! We are looking for an experienced
Cook, who will continue our strive for excellence!
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
The Homestead Resort is Hiring - Several Positions Available Immediately!
- Lead Line cooks – FT / PT
- Bakers – FT / PT
- Line Cooks – FT / PT
- Servers – FT / PT
- Bartenders – PT
COMPENSATION: We are flexible with school needs, mentoring and externships. We do not take unpaid interns, as we believe that any one in our kitchen contributes to the team, and deserves compensation. Compensation is based on experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Come grow with us! We have a great kitchen with 2 restaurants, banquets, golf, and a sandwich shop. We make everything from scratch including our cured meats, jams, pickles etc. We believe that a great kitchen is led by the community, so we hire and source as much as we can locally.
TO APPLY: Please call Roe’e Levy, Executive Chef, at 435.503.4648 for further information. You may also visit our website at www.homsteadresort.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
700 North Homestead Drive
Midway, UT 84049
Camp Hobe' - Summer Camp for Children with Cancer & their Siblings
Currently Recruiting Volunteers for Three 2015 Camp Sessions
~ Kids Camp (ages 6 to 11 years) - June 6-12 ~
~ Day Camp (ages 4 to 7) - June 12-14 ~
~ Teen Camp (ages 11 to 19) - June 15-20 ~
A Head Cook and Kitchen Assistants Volunteers are needed for 2015 Camp Sessions
- Food service experience and a current Food Handler’s Permit are preferred for all positions
- Supervisory experience is preferred but not required for head cook positions
- Kitchen volunteers for Kids and Teen Camps receive a small stipend and many other benefits, including being outdoors with awesome inspiring kids
- College credit may be available
The head cook works with our kitchen supervisor to prepare menus and order supplies. During each camp session, the head cook is responsible for the following:
- Planning and supervising meal preparation for up to 250 people
- Assigning volunteers as needed
- Following established guidelines
- Requesting additional supplies if needed
- Adapting to special dietary needs and impromptu requests as appropriate.
- Week-long session stipend: $500
Kitchen assistants help prepare and serve meals and snacks as well as support program activities for each session under the head cook’s direction. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting medical and pool staff
- Refilling outdoor drink stations
- Final checkout at the end of the week
- Other volunteers are assigned to wash dishes, clean up after meals, and mop; kitchen assistants are not expected to do these tasks on a routine basis
- Kitchen assistants can choose between bunking with Camp Directors or with a group of campers and counselors.
- Week-long session stipend: $250
- Minimum age of 20 years-old preferred
- Experience in food preparation for large groups preferred
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision,
- Self-motivated, good character, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and willing to learn
- Ability to provide guidance, verbal instruction, and supervision to others in a caring supportive manner and participate in camp activities
- Flexible and able to respond positively to change in duties or schedule
- Food Handler’s Permit or ServeSafe certification
- Protect confidentiality of campers and staff members
- Able to identify and respond to hazards; able to assist in emergency situations
- For more information contact the Camp Director at 801.631.2742, or email@example.com, or visit www.camphobekids.org
YMCA Camp Roger -- Kitchen Manager Externship/Position Open Immediately
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position has been a great job/externship opportunity for culinary students in the past. We are more than willing to work with students to ensure they meet the requirements needed in order for this experience to count towards credit needed for an externship or job. We often hire those who like to work in ski lodges during winter, since scheduling works out nicely.
POSITION: We are looking to hire a kitchen manager for YMCA Camp Roger located in the Uinta’s near Kamas, UT. YMCA Camp Roger is an overnight summer camp for boys and girls between the ages of 7-17 serving up to 120 youth a week. This is a 10 week seasonal position between May 26th and August 8th.
BENEFITS: Room and board is provided and the kitchen staff are expected to live at the facility while employed. The kitchen serves three family style meals a day for 150-200 children and college students per meal.
TO APPLY: We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Apply by emailing Marcie Glad a resume and letter of intent or online at http://www.ymcautah.org/camp-roger/staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Students seeking an externship or job and we are willing to look at flexibility.
Homestead Resort - Cook Positions/Externships Open
POSITION and/or PAID EXTERNSHIP
- We are looking for all-star cooks to join our team.
- Can be done as paid externship.
- Past fine dining experience is a plus.
- Salary depends on experience.
- Great career path for the right candidate, as well as competitive pay and benefits, above the industry standards.
- The Homestead Resort
- 700 North Homestead Drive
- Midway, UT 84049
- For more information, please email Roe’e Levy, Executive Chef, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and a resume.