Voted Utah Valley’s #1 Gas Station
Now hiring grill cooks
Full time or nights & weekends available
Starting pay $11/hour
*food handler’s permit is required
Fun & fast paced environment
Bring in resume or walk in for application
410 S. 400 E. Springville
Hiring a line cook at Blendtec
Working in the food industry can be challenging. Nights away from family, holiday and weekend work. No benefits, not enough hours, or too many hours. It can be frustrating. But, working in the Blendtec Bistro gives you the opportunity to work in the food industry—the environment that you love—and still be with your family in the evenings. You also get paid holidays and weekends off. Bistro employees are well fed and get two free meals per shift. Health insurance is another benefit of working at the Blendtec Bistro, as is an onsite medical clinic and exercise facility. Bistro employees also receive the best blender on the market, a Blendtec blender, after 90 days of employment! It’s easy to see why skilled cooks who want to make delicious food in a nice environment while enjoying the benefits of work/life balance choose to work for the Blendtec Bistro.
Apply today as a line cook at Blendtec.com/careers!
Cory Mills, Bistro Kitchen Manager, Head Chef
1206 S. 1680 W., Orem, Utah 84058
P: 801.222.0888 x528
Hiring Part to Full Time Cook/Baker
at The Rose Establishment
You walk in to The Rose Establishment, five minutes early. The barista says hello, and you
ask her for a cappuccino. You sit at the counter and sip your cappuccino—for free. Nina
Simone is playing on the stereo as you clock in. You walk back into the open kitchen and
check your daily prep and production list. You grab a cambro and the kitchen shears, and
you walk up the stairs to the roof. You clip fresh tarragon and pansies from the rooftop
garden, to be used in today's salad special. You roll out dough for gallettes, then cut the
dough to size, then fill them with rhubarb and cherries, crimping them at the edges. You
bake them. During lunchtime, you make 48 sandwiches. You roast some beets, peel them,
and slice them. The barista gives you a sample of a drink special she's been working on. It
is strong and spicy, and it energizes you for your closing duties: restock tomorrow's mise
en place, wrap up today's bread delivery, wipe down absolutely everything, scrub the prep
sink, sweep the floor, take out the garbage, water the rooftop garden. You take off your
apron and clock out. You buy a cookie and sit on the patio under the shade of vines.
"Benny and the Jets" is playing on the stereo. You eat your cookie and you think, "I'm sure
glad I saw that 'Part to Full Time Cook/Baker at The Rose Establishment' ad.”
If you’re thinking “That’s me—I’m the person in that story!” please send a cover letter
and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NUSKIN Breakfast Cook II Position
Part time (30 ish hours per week 8 am – 2 pm),
Permanent breakfast cook position that starts at $10.75 + per hour DOE. If the applicant plans to have afternoon classes and we need to negotiate the hours, we can talk for the right candidate. Obviously, we would hope that this candidate has some prior breakfast or at least line experience.
Part time smoothie/grab and go cook position open.
Hours are negotiable. $10.25 starting, experience preferred, not required.
Wendy A. Hunter, CEC
The Spoon at NuSkin
75 W. Center Street
Provo, UT 84601
EXECUTIVE CHEF POSITION
- The lodge is a thriving operation with a staff of almost 100 employees and many devoted followers from around the globe situated in the town of Alta, Utah.
- There are three kitchens: café (breakfast & lunch), the saloon, the main dining room where lodge guests enjoy inclusive meals at breakfast and dinner (guests can range from a few to 200).
- The owners are very active and hands on. As a result, the culture one of very active and engaged employees who are excited to be there. Yet, as busy as everyone gets, it’s a laid back group of people.
- The owners &guests value creative and cutting edge menus/meals in “mountain cuisine” style.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for ALL food related functions including:
- Preparing the season budget, ordering the food, creating and setting the menus,
- Assisting the HR Director with the hiring of 3 managers (when applicable – most return each season) and 25-30 members of the kitchen staff (the hiring process begins in July).
- Then prepares and conducts the training and development
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is operational and reports issues to owners.
- Planning food, supplies, and labor requirements in advance. (This is made simpler by the fact that the EC knows, 2-3 weeks in advance, how many guests to expect.)
Prior experience managing kitchen operations is preferred.
- And of course, visiting the dining area to greet guests
- Establishing effective and positive communication with food staff, lodge staff, and owners.
- (We will provide a more complete job description to interested candidates.)
This is NOT a typical full time year around work schedule. Since the lodge tends to be at full capacity during the winter holidays this person will be required to work extended hours during peak times and all holidays during ski season. This means NO extended holiday leave.
But there are some interesting tradeoffs:
- It is best that the EC stay on site and the lodge therefore provides a one-bedroom suite at the lodge. You can even use it in the summer off-season to store your stuff or stay there full/part time. Plus, no utilities to pay!
- 3 meals per day provided during the winter season
- The lodge closes mid-April through mid-November. The season workers leave and the staff typically shift to a various types of summer mode.
- For the EC, they will pay a set amount for the summer season and are asking this person to do a little research on other food concepts and restaurant offerings, review osha issues and etc., all amounting to about half a day per week during the summer!
- There is a one room school for K-8 children of Alta area employees.
Teresa Bruce, Managing Partner
Bruce and Associates
California Pizza Kitchen
is looking for talented cooks with a great passion for food. We are looking for all Pizza cooks, Pasta cooks and Pantry cooks. We offer competitive wages based on experience and flexible hours that can be worked around your school schedule. We are looking for mostly night shifts, however am shifts are also available. Please stop by the restaurant to enquire about openings as well as apply online at CPK.com.
The Pizza cook is truly the face of our kitchen. They are on display to the entire restaurant. Applicants must have an eagerness to learn and work well under pressure. This is a fun position and not only give you great experience with pizza dough and premium ingredients, it also give you the chance to have great interaction with our guests.
The pasta cook is more than just a pasta cook. They are not only responsible for our signature pasta dishes, they are solely responsible for our main entrees as well and many of our appetizers. Pasta cooks must be able to communicate well and mulit task as they will have multiple orders cooking all the time and have great attention to detail and a desire for perfection.
The Pantry Cook is responsible for CPK’s signature salads and desserts. They must have great attention to detail and perfection. They work closely with our pasta cooks and support them.
Come join our epic team!
California Pizza Kitchen
TOPGOLF in Salt Lake City is HIRING
Cooks & Dishwashers
Apply to attend a recruitment event at:
Hiring for a year-round position. We can work around school hours until graduation.
We are looking for a Culinarian who is passionate about food, with the desire to learn and excel in the culinary field. We serve 30 participants plus staff members 3 meals daily, a white tablecloth food experience in a beautiful retreat lodge in Hobble Creek Canyon of the Majestic Wasatch Mountains.
Position 2nd Cook Beginning April 1
Hours: 38 hrs a week for 3 Weeks of each Month Monday-Thursday; 1 week off ea month
Wage $12-$15 hour depending on experience
Chef Russ Barker
Director Food & Bev/Corporate Chef
4425 N Thanksgiving Way
Lehi, UT 84043
Lehi at Thanksgiving Point
Food & Beverage Manager
Minimum of 2 years as Front of the House or Kitchen Manager combined. Must have banquet experience. Good oral and written communications skills. Ability to demonstrate cooking techniques and utilize kitchen equipment.
Hotel Franchise Owner Description:
Sunridge Hotel Group is a leader in hospitality development and management. Our success has been achieved by exceeding guest’s expectations and by providing a positive and rewarding work environment for our associates. With over 30 years of experience, Sunridge Hotel Group has developed a comprehensive hospitality management system with a high caliber team who oversee Operations, Sales, Revenue management, Accounting, Information Technology and Asset Maintenance.
About Courtyard by Marriot Lehi at Thanksgiving Point:
The Courtyard Marriott Lehi at Thanksgiving Point with the new state-of-the-art lobby provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the center of it all is The Bistro, your destination for a great breakfast, dinner or drinks during the evening. You'll also enjoy inviting, flexible spaces where you can work or relax, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard technology. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at Courtyard is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before!
POSITION PURPOSE: The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the supervision of all food and beverage operations in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, service, food production, safety and cleanliness, while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost. The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Bistro, the Market and Banquets/Meetings, and provides professional leadership, training and direction to all Food and Beverage personnel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Achieves financial goals as determined by budget through General Manager
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Maintain follow through of all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents which occur in the F&B Outlets.
Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all F&B personnel according to company Standards.
Review F&B staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to the General Manager on a timely basis.
Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality.
Make daily purchasing decisions in accordance to budget and places orders.
Assists and participates in making routine Bistro hiring decisions.
Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
Estimates food consumption, and requisitions or purchases food items.
Observes and is involved with methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
Receives and examines food items and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established hotel's and/or Brand standards and specifications.
Supervises and is involved in cooking with other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and Beverage promotional ideas.
Ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
Focus the F&B Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Voice.
Ensures at all times the Bistro is in compliance with Brand Standard Audits and Local Health Regulations.
Performs Global Food Safety Audit Quarterly.
Maintain company S.O.P.'s regarding purchase orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
Develop, initiate, and promote sales, including upselling, programs for use by all service personnel.
Complete all Food and Beverage forecasting and budgeting in a timely and efficient manner.
Ensure that F&B employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, all other employees and managers.
Organize and conduct monthly department meetings with staff.
Attend BEO meeting and Leadership Meetings
Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
Must be flexible with hours work which will include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
Ensuring quality, consistency and creativity are at the highest level.
Assist in the production and execution of banquets and a la carte restaurant with emphasis on quality.
Assists in coordination of all catering between third party caterers and hotel functions
Work independently and exercise independent judgment to resolve personnel and production issues.
LEHI BAKERY - Apply now!!!
Full-Time Assistant Baker and
Summer Intern Positions Available
Work directly with the owner of the bakery, who has been in the baking industry for over 45 years.
Assist in preparing and baking a variety of products including:
pastries, Danishes, donuts, bread, rolls, cookies,cakes, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assisting baker with daily baking responsibilities
Keep bake shop organized and clean (does not include dishes and heavy cleaning)
Knowledge and Requirements:
High School Diploma required
Current Culinary Student or Culinary degree preferred
Able to communicate verbally, and understand and follow written verbal instructions
Must be able to work on your feet for a full shift Must be able to lift 50 pounds
To apply please email your resume to Ashley Hinton at email@example.com
BYU's Dining Services
has a great opportunity for those in the Culinary Arts.
They have posted a full-time Sous Chef position
working in The Cannon Commons on campus.
This position requires that applicants have at least 2 years’ experience
working in a culinary related field.
If you are interested in learning more about this position,
please use the following link provided below and apply today.
Food and Nutrition Opening
Manages and coordinates all food production for retail, catering and patient services within a facility by monitoring food quality, customer satisfaction and budget while ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Essential Job Duties
- Accountable for effective management and leadership of HR functions.
- Designs, manages, coordinates and participates in all food production.
- Functions as a technical expert, teacher and trainer while remaining current with industry trends.
- Partners with department leadership to ensure transparent flow of production and service.
- Practices and enforces safety and regulatory requirements.
- Strategizes and develops capital and operating budgets and manages resources effectively.
- Develops and maintains a high level of customer service.
- Participates in the Intermountain Food Service Products and Chef Teams.
- Develops menus, recipes, production methods, presentation and pricing standards which include processes to evaluate for acceptable taste and presentation.
- Participates in quality monitoring and directs improvement activities and processes measured by quality control monitors.
- Entry Rate: $23.66
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: PM hours
- Department: 14300-31505 Food Services- Park City Medical Center
- Additional Details: We are looking for a very specialized chef, one who has a passion for health & wellness. One that can speak to healthy eating, and teach cooking classes on healthy eating
- Bachelor's degree from a culinary arts program. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Current food handler's permit as required by county
- ServSafe certification within 90 days of employment
- Five years’ experience in fine dining food service management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Lifting, Hearing / Listening, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- Certification from the American Culinary Federation (ACF)
- Experience in a hospital setting with therapeutic diets
- Working experience with healthcare nutrition service software like Computrition or CBord.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recruitment | Employee Service Center
5245 S College Dr
Murray, UT 84123
is seeking a candidate who is available to work in a culinary and marketing
setting assisting us with a digital cookbook where
this person will actually write and test recipes created in our amazing Blendtec blender.
This is a 4 to 6 month, part-time position where the candidate would work approximately 25 hours per week.
1206 S. 1680 W., Orem, Utah 84058
P: 801.222.0888 x585
Spanish Fork Cafe Zupas is currently seeking a Prep Cook/Soup Cook.
Provo Cafe Zupas is currently seeking a Prep Cook/Soup Cook & Daytime Dishwasher.
Orem cafe Zupas is currently seeking a Prep Cook/Soup Cook.
American Fork is currently seeking a Prep Cook/ Soup Cook.
The best house made food takes time and care, and our Kitchen Staff is the most important ingredient! We are always looking for great kitchen professionals to make our house-made soups daily, prepare fresh produce for the line and wash dishes. You must be available to work day shifts and Saturdays. Kitchen experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Here are a few more reasons to consider Café Zupas as your next job:
Worlds Best Schedule! Everyone deserves to have a day to themselves, so go ahead and take Sundays off! Our kitchen staffs work 3-5 days a week, Monday-Saturdays 8am-4pm. You can enjoy working the day shift because there are no late nights for this position!
World Class Training! At Café Zupas we are all about training! You will receive a state of the art training experience, learning our kitchens is the key to your success, our managers are by your side every step of the way working and developing every team member to their fullest potential! You will never get bored! We take the time to make sure that our kitchen staff is well versed in preparing soups, prepping our fresh ingredients and washing dishes. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to learn all aspects of the kitchen so that you can grow and have opportunities!
Get Rewarded For Your Hard Work!
You Will Thrive In Our Fast Paced Environment! At Cafe Zupas we are not "clock-watchers"! We thrive in a fast-paced environment. Our delicious recipes are dependent on accuracy and attention to detail. Consistency is key in creating an incredible guest-service experience. Time flies when you are having fun!
- We are looking for a dependable kitchen professional. Your position is crucial to the stores success level!
- You need to be fast and accurate while maintaining a clean and organized environment.
- You need to be self-motivated and able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
We participate in E-Verify and we are an EEO employer.
Cafe Zupas Talent Acquisition
The owner of TANAKU Lodge in Elfin Cove is looking for
a female cook for the season, high end lodge
the owner and the cook that is leaving will train,
the money is really good for a summer gig.
The owner was an F&B manager for Marriott
so you’re not working for someone clueless about food.
Alaskan Bear Lodge is hiring a cook
from mid-July through August this coming summer. Last year, we had a UVU culinary graduate help us and it worked out very well.
Position includes good pay (plus tips) and an opportunity to experience the adventure and excitement of Alaska.
Located on the Inside Passage near Glacier Bay (35 miles west of Juneau) and accommodates between 10-15 guests at a time.
Duties will include food preparation & serving and miscellaneous domestic chores.
Our staff also gets to enjoy fishing and sightseeing in the area.
To complete our staff, we will be hiring a cook and a dock hand.
Please contact Neal Dastrup as soon as possible.
1061 East Provo Canyon Road, Provo UT 84604 . C) 801-358-4400
One of the most beautiful places in Utah
needs a Head Cook this summer.
Tifie Scout Camp, one of the largest and newest Scout Camps in the BSA needs a boss cook to feed multitudes of hungry campers. Tifie has a large, spacious professionally equipped two yrs old kitchen that feeds an average of 400 servings, 3 meals day. There will be plenty of support staff to help in all duties in the kitchen, and the staff takes turns serving the meals, whilst the campers clean up in the scullery.....cakewalk, right?
The camp leadership is looking for an individual that has experience in supervising a kitchen and all it's needs; ordering food through our providers; works well with energetic youth and hungry adults....and oh, can make the weekly camp menus taste great- every day, every week. The camp season starts with staff week, May 30 and finishes the last week of camp August 6, 2016. The setting is beautiful, just east of Mt. Pleasant Utah, 8 miles up the mountain from town.
Tifie Scout Camp is busy every week of the summer, and sometimes feeds more than 500 servings per meal on busy weeks. We strive to provide our campers an outstanding week- full of adventures, hard work, inspirational moments, and FUN! We also have some of the best sunsets in the west-everyday! So come on up the mountain and help us make great memories for all of our campers! Use the link below to submit an application ASAP...we need to hire someone soon. Room and Board provided, salary info. available upon request. For additional info contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be a great job to list on a resume!
POSITION: Executive Chef at Thanksgiving Point
REPORTS TO: Food Services Director
Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong and cohesive Food Services KITCHEN management team. Oversees all activity in the back of the house maintaining the highest standards in cost control, budgeting, cleanliness, food safety and overall organization. Acts as creative advisor and approves all Food Service menus for all outlets. Oversees production and back of the house operations for the following outlets: Catering and Conferences, Harvest Restaurant, Tower Deli & Bakery, Trellis Café, Curiosity Café, Expedition Café, and Fraiche Café.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Menus - Creates and implements across-the-board standards for all food outlets, maintaining quality food products in all outlets and operations.
Works with Food Service team in creating season menus.
Oversees the production and rotation of all food products.
Marketing / Advertising
Participate in local and regional events promoting Thanksgiving Point and Thanksgiving Point’s food programs.
Works with Thanksgiving Point marketing efforts and personally seeks opportunities to market and promote Thanksgiving Point food programs.
Responsible for all back of the house Thanksgiving Point operations, including but not limited to:
- Controls costs and responsible for budgeted percentages for food cost, kitchen labor, and applicable operating costs. Assists in and responsible for monthly inventories.
- Assists management in day-to-day operations. Gives daily skill development training to staff.
- Oversees the storage, maintenance and security all food and service equipment.
- Attends and participates in Thanksgiving Point meetings as required.
- Monitors employee moral and oversees the timely reviews for all kitchen employees.
- Insures that all Kitchen and food production areas are compliant with Utah County Health codes. Insures that kitchen staff has current Health Permits.
- Oversees the production of kitchen management and staff and ensures staff is practicing safe and responsible food handling practices as well as maintaining clean and orderly work areas.
- Oversees the hiring, training and scheduling of all kitchen personnel. Responsible for departmental labor on a daily basis and controls overtime.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Culinary Arts degree and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years experience as Chef or Executive Chef in high volume multi-unit resort or property.
- Prior experience with high volume catering and restaurant operations.
- Knowledge of culinary contracts, formal culinary education and/or credentials preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, customer service, financial analysis, communication, team building and problem solving skills.
Taste of Home Cooking School
The Daily Herald is proud to announce that we are bringing the Taste of Home Cooking School to Utah Valley on May 20th at 7:00 pm.
We are looking for volunteers from the UVU Culinary Arts Institute to assist the day of the show with onstage recipe assistance,
finalizing food preparation, washing dishes and cleanup.
You can find more information on the Taste of Home here http://www.tasteofhome.com.
Below is a detailed description of what we are looking for…
The morning of the event 5-6 ADULT ASSISTANTS who are familiar with recipes and cooking must be available for 4-5 consecutive hours,
able to stand to work with the Culinary Specialist. Duties will include tray setup and food preparation.
5-6 ADULT ASSISTANTS, plus 1-2 people to wash dishes, will also be needed for a 4-5 hour period before, during and after the show.
Show duties will include onstage recipe assistance, finalizing food preparation, washing dishes and cleanup.
If any of your students are interested please have them contact me. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Heather Wolsey Digital Sales Manager Office 801-344-2906 Cell 801-319-5784
Chateau Recovery is seeking a part-timecook
(dinner hours, 3 to 6 pm) Mon, Tues & Thur (roughly 9-11 hrs/week)
to help in planning, ordering, preparing and cooking meals
for an average of 15 - 20 residents and staff
based on healthy menus (provided).
Contact Eric Soleil - email@example.com
435-654-1082 - www.chateaurecovery.com
Banquet prep cook
Includes from scratch bread, pasta, and pastry production to name just the beginning
Mostly days, but flexibility is preferred
Great pay-- Full time with benefits
Amazing opportunity for a recent culinary grad. or internship!
Huge opportunity for growth within the Kimpton company
Contact me at Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for someone to make a Wedding Cake
Getting married on April 28th and just had my wedding cake person cancel on me.
Any students who would appreciate a side job of making a wedding cake please contact Bethany Wood email@example.com.
I would rather invest money in a fellow student who is working their way through school instead of just any bakery!
Wanted: experienced cake decorator (artistic and creative)
shifts are 7:00 - 3:00 or 12:00 Monday thru Saturday.
Weekly hours = about 30-35
Job description: baking & decorating cakes, cookies, cupcakes, taking customer orders,
(includes working with brides/customers to design custom cakes/cupcakes) customer service, cleaning the bakery, washing dishes.
We are open to your creative ideas for decorating, new favors and types of bakery items. Wages based on previous experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring for Kitchen manager and kitchen staff.
We feel this would be a great opportunity for your students to get experience.
The Kitchen manager would be in charge of the staff in the kitchen
and also would be ordering and maintaining the food and supplies for 45 residents.
If your students have any questions about this they can call:
Jo Bolton (Administrator) at 801-641-8006
or just come in and fill out and application at
462 south 900 east Provo Ut. 84606
Full (30-40 hrs) or Part Time (14-28 hrs) Cook Position
Provo Rehab and Nursing believes in excellence and quality care for the residents. The Cook at Provo Rehab and Nursing prepares 3 meals/day for approximately 100 residents. The Cook must work efficiently and manage time well. The Cook follows the special diet requests including preparing pureed and mechanical soft meals. The Cook is responsible for the following:
- Record temperatures
- Keep area clean and sanitary. Be responsible for cleaning schedule.
- Be on top of rotating and using product
- Assign employees different jobs like using vegetables for salads or making extra cookies for snacks
- Maintain high standards of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
- Ensure quality food production
- Regulate portion control. Serve on trayline.
- Ensure food is served in an attractive manner
- Follow proper safety protocol
- Make appropriate menu improvement/development suggestion
- Culinary skills. Preferred: Culinary degree
- Time Management skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Communicate effectively in a team and with residents
- Willing and able to follow instructions
- Problem-solving skills
- Food Handler’s Permit
- Desire to serve the older population
- Ability to stand and work for a full shift, lift 50 lbs as necessary.
- Ability to prepare a variety of menu items
- At least 1 year experience working in foodservice operations
- Sunday 6am-7pm (or partial shift of 3-6 hours), Weekdays per applicant’s availability
How to Apply?
- Email Resume to MGarlock@ensigngroup.net
- Stop by Provo Rehab & Nursing (1001 N 500 W Provo, UT 84602) to fill out an application
- Call 801-854-1759 to speak with Dietary Manager/Dietitian, Morgan
- $10-13/hr depending on experience and skill
Morgan Garlock, RD, CD
Provo Rehabilation & Nursing
1001 N. 500 W.
Provo, UT 84602
Phone: (801) 377-9661 Office Phone: (801) 854-1759
Looking to hire Camp Chef
Camp Laurel is a private, co-ed, residential camp in Maine seeking culinary instructors
for our “Chef Camp” Program.
Instruct children ages 7-15 in our Chef Camp kitchen.
You will be responsible to help with set up, planning and execution of three 2-hour
classes per day and various special events and programs.
For a sneak-peak of our Inter-Arts program, check out this short clip on our website: Laurel Inter-Arts
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this type of position, please contact me at email@example.com
or call 800-327-3509. To apply online, visit our website at www.camplaurel.com.
Looking to hire 2 Dinner cooks
Do you enjoy going to work doing what you love? Do you enjoy working in a great environment? Cirque Lodge one of the nation's most recognized alcohol and drug treatment centers is looking to hire individuals who are Passionate for cooking, someone who is driven to make a difference in people’s lives through their talents with Food. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join our team.
The main areas of responsibility are meal preparation; providing five star meals made from quality ingredients in a timely Manner for our clients, Staff and Guests from around the world.
We are looking for full/Part Time Positions. Full Time Position offers benefits that include:
- Life Insurance
- 401 k employer matching
- Monthly/Yearly Bonuses
- Paid Vacation (after 1yr)
- Serve Safe Training (if not already obtained)
- Paid Internship
- Rate of pay is $10-12 /hour
- Applicants must have experience with food preparation and presentation. Be a Currents Culinary Student, have Culinary Degree or 2 years of kitchen experience.
- Obtain a professional appearance and attitude daily
- Able to take direction and work efficiently
- As well as preparing meals, cooks are required to maintain and clean preparation and dining area
- Must have reliable transportation
- Be able to pass a 9 panel drug test as well as random drug testing.
- Serve Safe Certified or Food Handlers Permit
This position will remain open until filled. For more information please Contact
Brittney Cummings, Executive Chef
Head baker position open!
The baker will be in charge of all artisan bread and pastry production for the Bistro.
Blendtec has some great benefits, including:
- Paid holidays
- Nights and weekends off
- 2 free meals per shift
- Free Blendtec blender after 90 days employment
- Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- Onsite medical clinic and gym
- Work/life balance
Please have interested candidates check out the full job description
and apply at http://www.blendtec.com/careers
Bistro Kitchen Manager, Head Chef
1206 S. 1680 W., Orem, Utah 84058
P: 801.222.0888 x528
Full Time Employment for Executive Sous Chef
Position Location: Utah Cty, Utah Position Pay: $50,000-$75,000 DOE (S8,S9)
Hiring Manager: Chris Yadon | firstname.lastname@example.org | 385.345.4556
We are seeking an Executive Sous Chef to assist in the following:
1) Direct all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation, and maintenance
2) Manage and train employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion control, cost control, sanitation and cleanliness.
3) Collaborate with other managers and consultants in responsibly growing the capacity of the Foundation.
• A High School diploma or GED equivalent
• A Bachelor’s Degree or Culinary School equivalent is a plusExperience Requirements
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
• At least 1years’ experience in a managerial position.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen, and clients.
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
• Provide managerial and reporting oversight for all kitchen staff.
• Hire, supervise, and terminate kitchen staff as needed to accomplish the work.
• Serve as a liaison between kitchen staff and management.
• Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Foundation’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
• Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Work with Foundation managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
• Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are
performed in accordance with the Foundation’s receiving policies and procedures.
• Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Be knowledgeable of Foundation policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company
policies, rules and procedures.
• Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
• Provide safety training in first aid, CPR, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
Job Opportunity - Ogden Courtyard Marriott
Looking to hire an Executive Chef for the hotel. This is an exciting new role at the hotel. This person will oversee all banquet kitchen operations for our 17,000 sq feet of meeting space as well as the Bistro kitchen. Please contact me directly with questions or resumes.
EZEQUIEL GUZMAN General Manager
o 801-395-2051 m 801-404-1558
Courtyard Ogden courtyard.com
247 24th Street Ogden, Utah 84401
We are looking to hire a kitchen manager for YMCA Camp Roger located in the Uintas near Kamas, UT. YMCA Camp Roger is an overnight summer camp for boys and girls between the ages of 7-17 serving up to 120 youth a week. This is a 10 week seasonal position from May 31st until August 12th, 2016. Room and board is provided and the kitchen staff are expected to live at the facility while employed The kitchen serves three family style meals a day for 150-200 children and college students per meal.
We are hoping you would be able to share this information with your students.
This position has been a great internship opportunity for culinary students in the past and we are more than willing to work with you or your students to ensure that the requirements they need in order for the experience to count towards credit are met.
We are also looking for a kitchen assistant.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Job Opportunity - Marvelous Catering Company
$9-12 depending on experience
Preferred hours will be 6 AM-2 PM but flexible
Close and convenient location
765 west Columbia lane, Provo
Scratch based kitchen with over 3 million in catering sales!
Great family restaurant! And Catering Company
Great for internship….will work and train!
TRAEGER Wood Pellet Grills
761 West 1200 North
Springville, UT 84663
• All aspects of BBQ, smoking, Braising, grilling, etc.
• Institutional food service Preparation
• Prepare 400 -450 Meals a week
• Off-site catering, media events and promotions
• Recipe development, contentment writing for social media i.e. Instagram, Facebook etc.
• Food styling for photography and instructional videos.
Stokes Fresh Food Market - Apprentice Baker Position Open
LOCATION: Salem, UT
TYPE: Part-time. A typical shift is 3:00 am to 11:00 am. We are closed Sunday, but Saturdays and holidays are required
SALARY: Depending on experience
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 6/19/15
JOB DESCRIPTION: The apprentice baker works with the baker to produce a full line of bakery goods from scratch including breads, rolls, cakes, cookies, donuts, pastries, etc. Must be able to frequently lift up to 75 pounds to waist height.
The position needs to be filled immediately, but work load could expand in the fall to complete internship requirements fall semester.
TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to Matt at email@example.com
Blendtec is Hiring - Job/Internship Opportunities
2 POSITIONS OPEN: 2nd Shift Line Cook Position & Breakfast Cook Position
JOB DESCRIPTION: We have hired UVU Culinary Arts students and graduates having them reach out to Blendtec. We are currently in need of a 2nd shift line cook and breakfast cook.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Our Company offers regular hours, competitive wages, and the advantage of full benefits and a free Blendtec blender to each employee who works for 90 days.
TO APPLY: Any interested graduates or students looking to take the next step in their culinary careers, send an email to Cory Mills, Bistro Kitchen Manager, Head Chef at firstname.lastname@example.org or come in for a visit at (1206 S 1680 W Orem, UT 84058. Red Awning “Bistro” Entrance on the South side of Building Two 6:30 AM - 2 PM).
You can also check out the job descriptions and APPLY today by selecting the “Corporate Line Cook” or (2nd or 3rd shift) Tab or “Breakfast Cook” Tab under Food Service positions at http://www.blendtec.com/careers.
Hiring Part to Full Time Cook/Bakerat The Rose EstablishmentYou walk in to The Rose Establishment, five minutes early. The barista says hello, and youask her for a cappuccino. You sit at the counter and sip your cappuccino—for free. NinaSimone is playing on the stereo as you clock in. You walk back into the open kitchen andcheck your daily prep and production list. You grab a cambro and the kitchen shears, andyou walk up the stairs to the roof. You clip fresh tarragon and pansies from the rooftopgarden, to be used in today's salad special. You roll out dough for gallettes, then cut thedough to size, then fill them with rhubarb and cherries, crimping them at the edges. Youbake them. During lunchtime, you make 48 sandwiches. You roast some beets, peel them,and slice them. The barista gives you a sample of a drink special she's been working on. Itis strong and spicy, and it energizes you for your closing duties: restock tomorrow's miseen place, wrap up today's bread delivery, wipe down absolutely everything, scrub the prepsink, sweep the floor, take out the garbage, water the rooftop garden. You take off yourapron and clock out. You buy a cookie and sit on the patio under the shade of vines."Benny and the Jets" is playing on the stereo. You eat your cookie and you think, "I'm sureglad I saw that 'Part to Full Time Cook/Baker at The Rose Establishment' ad.”If you’re thinking “That’s me—I’m the person in that story!” please send a cover letterand resume to email@example.com