Communication students are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Dean's Merit Awards: Students must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Forgotten Carols Scholarship: These awards are for students in severe financial need. Students must complete the
online financial aid application, with emphasis on the financial need section.
- Salt Lake Tribune Scholarship: These awards are offered to students who are planning a career in journalism. There
are 2, $1000 awards available annually. Students must submit a resume and sample of
- Deseret News Scholarship: This award is offered to a student who can show evidence (submitting a sample) of
quality reporting and writing that demonstrates professionalism and ethical standards.
- Humanities Scholarship Fund: This award is given to a continuing student who is a major in the College of Humanities
and Social Sciences.
- Bill Cobb Peace and Justice Award: Students must provide written evidence of a personal and/or academic commitment to
these items: [a] peace, justice, conflict resolution broadly defined, [b] the value
of a higher education as an important basis for one's participation in American democracy,
and [c] a respect for global interdependence and understanding.
- Paxman Humanitarian Award: The student must demonstrate that he/she is providing humanitarian service to the
community (university, local, national, or international).
- Communication Scholarship: Details to be announced.
All scholarships are offered to those students who are in good standing and generally
have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. They must be residents and full time students.
For more information about scholarships, please see Courtney Burns in CB 502A.