Border Waiver Scholarship
To be eligible for these scholarships, you must be currently admitted to UVU, have
submitted transcript(s) and have submitted ACT or SAT scores (if applicable). Most
of the scholarships, highlighted within this web site and the many others not mentioned
require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship Application.
There are a few scholarships that do NOT require the Comprehensive Online Scholarship
Application, but it would be to the benefit for the student to complete and submit
the online form. If there is a question regarding specific scholarships’ requirements,
please contact the Scholarship Office at (801) 863-8443.
- Waives the non-resident portion of tuition.
- Merit Based scholarships will be viewed and selected by the Scholarship Office.
- Incoming non-resident Freshman undergraduate who has not previously been enrolled
in a college or university in Utah
- Legal domicile is approximately 100 highway miles from UVU's Orem or Wasatch campuses. The
High Schools list below qualify:
- Evanston High School, Evanston Wyoming
- Kemmerer High School, Kemmerer Wyoming
- Mountain View High School, Mountain View Wyoming
- Lyman High School, Lyman Wyoming
Criteria for Awards
- Meet the eligibility requirements listed above
- Register and maintain at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher to apply
- Have an overall ACT score of 22 or higher to qualify
- The scholarship is renewable for up to eight semesters, provided the recipient maintains
a GPA of 3.2 or higher and completes 12 hours per semester.
- Should it be discovered that any recipient misrepresented their Border Status, the
scholarship will be revoked immediately.
- The waiver may be added to other University or private scholarships.
Application is OPEN for 2016-17
The 1st priority deadline has now passed for Freshman/Transfer Scholarships. You may
still apply as a 2nd priority applicant and be placed on a waiting list should funds