Form IconScholarship FORMS



Request to Hold Scholarship Award PDF icon

Scholarships can be held for Missions, Military, Medical, and Humanitarian Service.

  • Missions - must provide mission call or letter from Ecclesiastical Authority.
  • Military - must provide military orders.
  • Medical - must provide Doctor(s) Statement.
  • Humanitarian Service - must provide documentation.

We will not hold:

  • Privately Funded Scholarships (because we do not know that the funding will be available from year to year).
  • Scholarships for students who are planning to attend another college or university before coming to UVU.
  • Scholarship for employment or marriage.
  • Non-Resident Waivers.

To Hold:

  • A request to hold form PDF icon must be completed and submitted to the Scholarship Office along with the required documentation.
  • The Request to Hold Form should be completed prior to the beginning of the semester that you are requesting the hold.



HB144 Affidavit for Nonresident Tuition Waiver PDF icon

HB144 Nonresident Tuition Exemption for Eligible Utah High School Graduates

Any student, other than a non-immigrant alien, who meets all of the following requirements, will be exempt from paying the nonresident portion of the tuition at Utah Valley University. 

  1. Attended a Utah high school for three or more years;
  2. Graduated from a Utah high school or received the equivalent of a Utah high school diploma (GED) in Utah;

In order to receive this waiver, students must file an affidavit with Utah Valley University stating that they have filed an application to legalize their immigration status, or will file an application as soon as they are eligible to do so. You will complete this affidavit in step 1 below. 

Instructions to Receive the HB144 Waiver

  1. Complete Affidavit for Nonresident Tuition Waiver Form and return it to Admissions Office.
  2. The Affidavit only needs to be completed once.
  3. Enroll for classes at Utah Valley University.
  4. If your Affidavit for Nonresident Tuition Waiver is approved, you will receive an email through your myUVU or a letter will be sent to the home address you have provided Utah Valley University.

Privately Funded Scholarships

HB144 students may apply for and receive privately funded scholarships administered by a Utah State Higher Education institution if the student is a graduate from a Utah high school. 

To apply for privately funded scholarships at Utah Valley University, you will need to complete the Scholarship Application by the specified deadline dates. To apply, go to and click on Apply Now. 


Scholarship Appeal Form PDF icon

If you have failed to maintain the required criteria for your scholarship, you may be eligible to complete an appeal form PDF icon. There is a limit of two appeals: (1) One appeal for GPA and/or credit hours; (2) One appeal for Medical and/or extenuating circumstances. This form will handle either appeal.

Eligibility Requirements of Appeals

  • Must earn 75% of required credit hours (example: 12 credit hours required must have earned 9 credit hours) Audits or Incompletes are not counted.
  • Drop one point below required GPA (example: 3.5 GPA required must have a 2.5 GPA).
  • Medical or extenuating circumstances. Documentation must be provided.
  • Complete Appeal Form and provide documentation, if necessary.
  • Appeal must be completed within the semester that the scholarship was canceled.
  • If an “Incomplete” is completed within the semester and/or a grade change has occurred and the student meets the scholarship requirements, the scholarship will be reinstated for that semester. It is the student's responsibility to notify the Scholarship Office of the change.
  • Exception to the appeal requirements is the Outstanding Merit Scholarship. You may appeal the first semester if you meet the above appeal requirements. If you do not meet the 3.5 cumulative GPA to be considered for renewal at the end of the second semester, you may submit an appeal but you will be placed on a waiting list.
  • It is the students responsibility to contact the Scholarship Office (801-863-8443) if changes occur.