The Wolverine Ambassadors program creates compelling, powerful and memorable interactions
and experiences for prospective students, parents, University staff and community.
Each Ambassador serves as a model of excellence in professionalism and customer service
as they represent Utah Valley University.
- Create compelling, powerful and memorable experiences for prospective students and
- Develop as leaders be learning leadership concepts from classroom discussions, lectures,
reflections and real-life, applicable projects
- Build school pride by attending school functions and spreading our love for the green
everywhere we go!
WHAT DOES AN AMBASSADOR DO?
- Give presentations to high schools during lunch, sporting events and on "College Day"
- Provide support to full-time admissions counselors at Financial Aid and Scholarship
Nights and Open Houses
- Run booths at college fairs, junior colleges, and other events
- Provide campus tours to prospective students
- Collaborate with a team of ambassadors to create, market, run, and evaluate recruitment
- Analyze data to help make informed decisions about recruitment efforts at UVU
- Hold weekly office hours
- Complete the L.E.A.D. Certification and Leadership Distinction process, which includes:
- 360 degree leadership evaluation and training
- Leadership classes
- Monthly leadership lectures
- Mentorship from a successful community leader
HOW DO I BECOME A WOLVERINE AMBASSADOR?
Open Wolverine Ambassador positions are limited and restricted to students who successfully
complete a competitive selection process. In conjunction with the Center for the Advancement
of Leadership, Ambassadors will complete the L.E.A.D. Program during their first 2
years. Therefore the application will include questions about your leadership experience
and how you will complete the L.E.A.D. certification process. You can apply by clicking
below. Applications are due by February 1, 2016 for the 2016 Fall Semester.
This is a 1 year program, renewable up to 4 years.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Students must apply and be accepted to Utah Valley University before completing the
- Students will then complete the online application found here or at uvu.edu/leadership
- Students will then complete the online UVU scholarship application
- Following the application deadline, the selection committee will reach out to qualified
students who applied to invite them to an Interview day.
- The Interview day will include group interviews, individual interviews, group activities
and much more!
- After the Interview day, invitations to join the Wolverine Ambassador program will
SELECTIONS ARE BASED ON:
- Passion to represent Utah Valley University
- Evidence of ability to be proactive
- Ability to show leadership in various aspects of life
- Your ability to work as a team during the Interview day
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work with people from various cultures
Online application available: November 1
Online application deadline: Feb 1
Notification of invitation to Interview Day: Early March
Interview Day: March 11 & 12, 2016
Final decisions for Wolverine Ambassadors: Mid April
MANDATORY TRAININGS AND RETREAT
Overnight Ambassador Retreat - August 15, 16 and 17
First-week of Ambassador team meetings: August 22 - 26
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US:
Prospective Student Services Office: LC408 (801) 863-8811
Chad Johnson, Program Manager: (801) 863-6182, email@example.com
Carrie Chappell, Assistant Program Manager: (801) 863-8811, firstname.lastname@example.org