How do I get started in the Geomatics Program?
Step 1 Contact Julie Harps, Geomatics Academic Adviser by phone at 801-863-8403 or by email at email@example.com.
Step 3Establish a plan with your advisers assistance, in Wolverine Track
Step 4 Register for classes per your academic plan
Step 5 Complete the Matriculation Application into the Geomatics Program (due the end of February every year)
- Matriculation Requirements(getting into the Geomatics program) are as follows:
1. Before being formally admitted into the BS Geomatics, students must matriculate into the Geomatics Cohort (the final 2 years of the program) by either completing an AS in Geomatics with a minimum grade of C or better, OR by completing matriculation requirements 2 and 3:
2. Complete the Business Computer Proficiency exam with 80% or higher OR complete IM 2010 (3.0 credit hours) with B- or higher
3. Complete the following courses with a B grade or better:
- SURV 1020 Introduction to Geomatics (1.0)
- EGDT 1040 Computer Aided Drafting--AutoCAD (3.0)
- EGDT 1400 Surveying (3.0)
- GIS 3600 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (4.0)
- MATH 1060 Trigonometry (3.0)
- MATH 1210 Calculus I (4.0) (may be taken Fall of matriculation year)
- ENGL 2310 Technical Communication (3.0) (may be taken Fall of matriculation year)
- EGDT 2400 Surveying Applications (3.0) (may be taken Fall of matriculation year)
- GIS 3620 Advanced GIS for Geomatics (3.0) (may be completed before graduation)
- MATH 2040 Principles of Statistics (4.0) (may be taken Fall of matriculation year)
4. All Geomatics students must complete a Matriculation Application by the appointed deadline during the Spring semester prior to the Fall cohort to which the student desires to gain entry. Subsequently official approval must be obtained from the Program Coordinator prior to taking any further Geomatics courses.
Step 6 Register for Geomatics courses