UVU Staff Giving

Staff Giving

Contribute to the PACE Scholarship

Payroll Deduction (Full-time, per paycheck) Give Now
One-time Gift (Full-time and Part-time) Give Now


Vicky Hopper | 801-863-5426 | vicky.hopper@uvu.edu


Dawn Burgess is one of the most generous donors to the PACE Student Scholarship because she knows what it’s like to be a struggling student.


When nontraditional student Megdalynn Fisher got the PACE Student Scholarship, it changed her life.


The PACE Student Scholarship makes it possible for student-athletes to keep up with academics and a busy training and competition schedule.


Coach Sam Atoa says that scholarships help student-athletes focus better on academics and training.


The PACE Student Scholarship is the only scholarship of its kind in Utah, and our goal is to have 100 percent participation from full-time and part-time staff.


About the PACE Scholarship

The PACE Scholarship supports all students, including student-athletes. The PACE Scholarship is a one-time award available to juniors (60 credits) in a bachelor degree-seeking program with a 3.0 GPA. The students must be Utah residents.

Learn more about the PACE Scholarship

Staff Giving FAQ

Why should I give to UVU?

  • Your gift can help a student, program, or department in need.
  • It's an easy way to show your support of UVU as an institution and as an employer.
  • Research shows that giving increases your overall happiness.

How can I donate?

The quickest and easiest method is via payroll deduction. You can set up or change your payroll deduction by visiting our Payroll Deduction Form. You can also make a one-time gift on our Staff Giving Form. If you prefer to give via check or cash, please contact Courtney Tucker at 801-863-7142 or courtney.tucker@uvu.edu.

What are the advantages of payroll deduction?

Payroll deduction is fast and easy. A payroll deduction of just $5 per paycheck adds up to a $120 contribution by the end of the year. If every employee on campus gave just $5 per paycheck, it would equal almost half of a million dollars for the University.

If I set up payroll deduction, when is the money taken out?

Once you have completed the form, the amount you specified will be held from each paycheck. You will then receive a receipt in January for all donations made through this method.

How do I change my payroll deduction?

Visit the Payroll Deduction Form. Choose "terminate my current donation and replace it with a new donation" or "keep my existing donation and add an additional donation." Fill out the form as normal.

How do I cancel my payroll deduction?

Visit the Payroll Deduction Form. Choose "terminate my current donation." Fill out the form as normal.

What if I don't want to give through payroll deduction?

One-time gifts are also appreciated and simple to do on our Staff Giving Form.

When will I receive my receipt?

  • For one-time gifts, you will receive an email receipt right away. Please keep this for your records.
  • For payroll deductions, you will receive a receipt in January for all gifts made during the previous calendar year.

What is the minimum amount I can donate?

  • For one-time gifts, the minimum amount is $5.
  • For payroll deductions, any amount of $1 or more per paycheck is accepted.

How long will my payroll deduction last?

Payroll deductions will last until you revisit the Payroll Deduction Form and choose "terminate a current donation."

Is my gift tax-deductible?

Yes. All donations are processed through the UVU Foundation, which is a 501C3 tax exempt organization.


If your form is missing any required information or conflicts with previously authorized deductions it may delay the initiation of the authorized deduction.

When initiating a new deduction or changing a deduction, it may not take effect on your next paycheck due to the payroll processing cycle and when your Payroll Deduction Form is received by the Payroll Office.

When terminating a deduction, it may still be taken from your next check depending on the payroll processing cycle and when your Payroll Deduction Form is received by the Payroll Office.

The deduction may not be taken or a prorated portion of the deduction may be taken if you have insufficient income in any pay period(s) to cover the deduction and all other required and/or previously authorized deductions. Deduction amounts not taken may accumulate in arrears with the full arrears amount, or a prorated portion of the arrears amount, to be taken when sufficient income becomes available.

You authorize the Payroll Office to deduct any and all balances you owe the University from pay due to you at termination of employment with the University.

It is your responsibility to ensure all payroll deductions are taken correctly. UVU is not responsible for the results of overpayment(s) or missed payment(s).

This authorized deduction will continue until you terminate employment with UVU or an Payroll Deduction Form is received by the Payroll Office to change or terminate this deduction.