Student International Travel Registration

  • To ensure the safety of individuals the University establishes travel authorization, insurance, security, and training requirements. All UVU faculty, staff and students who travel abroad on bona-fide university business are required to register their travel plans with the Office for Global Engagement.
  • Campus policy requires all faculty, staff and students traveling abroad to purchase International Insurance from UVU's Insurance Provider.
  • Travelers must comply with the requirements established in all University policies, including policies 142, 251, & 252.
  • The following requirements must be completed at least ONE MONTH prior to departure. Last minute registration(s) may not be processed on time.
  • If you do not have a passport you will need to apply for one at least 2 months prior to you departure. Click here for information on applying for a passport.


UVU students planning to travel abroad (Non-study abroad)

These steps are for students traveling internationally on: Internships, Field Trips, MBA  International Engagements, Leadership Trips, etc.

  1. Pay the travel registration fee
  2. Submit the STAR (Student Travel Abroad Registration) form (downloadable form).
  3. Complete the Export Control (online form), additional information about export control is available here.
  4. Complete Online Safety Training (online).
  5. Sign & submit the Assumption of Risk & Release (online form). 
  6. Enroll in international insurance  Campus policy requires all students purchase international insurance from UVU's insurance provider

    After your STAR form is processed, you will receive an email from which will guide you through the insurance enrollment process. 

*Note: UVU employees & students planning travel to regions under US Department of State Travel Warning or CDC Warning Level 3, must submit an Exemption Request for Travel form to the Office for Global Engagement.

Non-UVU Participating Travel

 Approved accompanying adults & minors

  1. Submit insurance spreadsheet & enroll in international insurance  Campus policy requires everyone traveling abroad  to purchase International Insurance from UVU's Insurance Provider.
  2. Sign & submit the Assumption of Risk & Release or the Assumption of Risk & Release (if under 18) if minors are traveling.