UVU Festival Instructions
1. Buses drop students off in front (east side) of the UVU library which is north of the Sorenson Student Center. Drivers may then park in BRC, which is located south of campus across the 1200 S intersection and west of Walmart. There are signs posted in that parking lot as to where you may park. Do not park at Walmart. With over 25,000 students there is limited parking on campus - directors, please do not drive your own vehicles. It is better for you to ride the bus with your students. If you must drive, park in visitor metered parking in front of campus (south end). Buses should pick up students the same place they dropped them off (east side of library), however, the bus wait can only be two deep. If you are the third bus you will be ticketed. Campus map http://www.uvu.edu/maps/orem.html
2. Upon arrival at the UVU Ragan Theater, please check in at the festival desk and turn in your scores for the adjudicator/clinician. Pick up your performance disc and rating sheet along with your music scores *after your photo session. These will not be returned through the mail.
3. The person manning the festival desk will assign you a warm-up room. You will use it for warm up, storage, and to meet in after your performance. You may want to bring a parent to watch over your students' belongings.
4. When it is your turn to perform, a UVU host will escort you to the stage.
5. UVU will provide the following instruments and equipment on stage:
For instrumental groups: chairs, stands, bass drum, 4 timpani, xylophone, chimes, glockenspiel, marimba and piano. ALL OTHER PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS, EXTENSION CHORDS, BEATERS, AND STRIKERS MUST BE PROVIDED BY YOU.
For choral groups: risers, piano, and sound shell.
6. *After performing, you will be escorted to the photography area for a group picture.
7. I encourage you to schedule your day so you can hear some of the other groups at this year's festival. Much of the benefit of this festival comes from your students hearing other groups. It is also a more rewarding experience to perform for an audience.
*Photo Sessions are not applicable for the Jazz Festival.