Get Involved With PACE
How Can I Get Involved?
PACE is always looking for energetic individuals to help shape the direction of PACE.
An individual can be involved in many different ways.
- Participate in PACE nominations and elections in May/June.
- Many activities and service opportunities are continuously available for involvement. Staff have eight hours each leave year to use for service!
- Four main PACE events are held each year. Attending these events is a fun way to get
out of the office and socialize with other UVU employees, get updates on PACE, and
hear from President Holland.
- Staff Fall Forum(August)
- Holiday Social(December)
- Ice Cream Social(May, following Summer University concluding remarks)
- Annual General Board Meeting(June)
- Summer University offers a chance for staff to engage in personal and/or professional development,
networking, family activities, workshops, and service projects.
- Like something? Don’t like something? Have a suggestion or two? Provide feedback here.
- Nominate colleagues for Wolverine Sighting Awards.
- Talk to your Senators.
- Attend general board meetings.
Get More Involved
The best way to have your voice heard is to run for office and serve:
- Committees of PACE are groups positioned to move issues forward. The committees (a total of ten) include
Benefits, Communications, Bylaws, Employee Recognition, and Involvement, just to name
a few. (Committees may be seeking additional members; if interested in joining a committee,
please contact the committee chair.)
- Senators are elected every year to represent areas of campus. These senators represent Academic
Affairs, Finance and Administration, Planning and Budget, Development and Alumni,
Student Affairs, and University Relations.
- Ad-Hoc Task Forces are formed to deal with specific issues short term when specific
focus is needed, such as our current Mission/Objective Task Force to look at our overall
mission and objectives of PACE.