University Awards of Excellence
Trustees Awards & Presidential Excellence Awards
The University Awards of Excellence program recognizes faculty and staff who dedicate
their time and talents to students, scholarship and the advancement of higher education.
This year, the UVU Board of Trustees elected to recognize five employees for their
contributions to forwarding UVU's mission. The Presidential Awards of Excellence highlight
faculty and staff for their efforts in key areas related to UVU's mission and core
Click to view past award winners
Trustee Award Nomination - Information Document
President Award Nomination - Information Document
Utah Valley University Presidential Awards of Excellence Nomination Information
The UVU Presidential Awards of Excellence are designed to recognize UVU employees
who advance the mission of the university in core areas. The award
categories are as follows:
- PRESIDENTIAL TEACHING AWARD – Recognizes one full-time faculty member for the demonstration
of outstanding teaching.
- PRESIDENTIAL ENGAGEMENT AWARD – Recognizes one full-time employee for their commitment
to engaged learning and/or community engagement.
- PRESIDENTIAL STUDENT SUCCESS AWARD – Recognizes one full-time employee for dedication
to student success, college navigation, and overall student support.
- PRESIDENTIAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS – This category give the President the option of awarding
individuals who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of innovation, scholarship,
service, leadership, efficiency, effectiveness, and/or inclusion.
- To be eligible, nominated employees need to have exited their introductory period
and not be on probation.
- Complete nomination packet will include the following components:
- Nomination cover sheet
- Nomination letter from the individual or a fellow employee. This letter should be
no longer than two pages and should address the unique ways the nominee has demonstrated
excellence in teaching, engagement, student success support, and/or any of the areas
- One brief letter of support from the individual's Vice President to the President.
A current resumé, vitae, or summary of professional accomplishments for the nominated individual.
- Nomination deadline to the President's Office is 5 p.m., January 25, 2016. All nominations
are to be submitted to the President's Office in BA218.
For any questions concerning the UVU Presidential Awards of Excellence, please contact:
Karen Olsen x8133, email@example.com or Fidel Montero x8825, firstname.lastname@example.org