Associate Professor - Mathematics
NAME: ERIK L. HEINY
- Ph.D., Applied Statistics, University of Northern Colorado (2006)
- M.S., Statistics, Michigan State University (1994)
- B.S., Mathematics and Statistics, Colorado State University (1992)
- Heiny, R. & Heiny, E. (2015) “Placement Model for First-Time Freshmen in Calculus I (Math 131):University of Northern Colorado”. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice. doi:10.1177/1521025115618491
- Heiny, E. & Heiny, R. (2014). “Stochastic Model of the 2012 PGA Tour Season”. Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports. Vol. 10, pgs. 367 – 380.
- Chen, Hsiu-Chin, Heiny, E., & Lin, Chia-Hsuan, (2014) “Development of a Prediction Model for Early Diagnosis of Not Passing the National Council of Licensure Examination for Registered Associate Degree Nurses” Nursing Informatics, 2014, Official Conference Proceedings, doi:10.3233/978-1-61499-415-2-271.
- Heiny, E. & Heiny, R. (2012) “And the 2011 Driving Champion Is? Dustin Johnson” Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports: Vol. 8, Issue 4, article 2.
- Heiny, E. & Heiny, R. (2012) “An Eleven Year Study of the Relative Importance of Driving Accuracy and Driving Distance on Scoring Average on the PGA Tour.” CHANCE, vol. 2, no. 1.
- Heiny, Erik L. & Blevins, D. (2011) “Predicting the Atlanta Falcons Play-Calling Using Discriminant Analysis,” Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports: Vol. 7: Iss. 3, Article 2.
- Heiny, E. & Mundfrom, D. (2010) The Effectiveness of Stepwise Discriminant Analysis as a Post Hoc Procedure to a Significant MANOVA. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, May 2010, Vol. 9, No. 1, 43-51.
- Heiny, E. (2008) “Today’s PGA Tour Pro: Long But Not So Straight,” CHANCE, Volume 21, Number 1, p. 10-21.
- Schaffer, J. & Heiny, E. (2006). “The Effects of Elevation on Slugging Percentage in Major League Baseball,” CHANCE, Volume 19, Number 1, p. 28 - 34.
Accepted for publication:
- Jacob Gibby (BS), Dennis Njeru (BS), Steve Cvetko (PhD), Erik L. Heiny (PhD), Andrew R. Creer (PhD), Wendell Gibby (MD). “Whole Body CT-Based Body Mass and Body Fat Quantification: A Comparison to Hydrostatic Weighing and Air Displacement Plethysmography.” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography.