Senior Director of Administrative Computing Services
· Member, University Transition Task Force. Responsible for the transition of all Administrative Systems.
· Board of Trustees IT Excellence Award;
· Driven to Continuously Improve Award, Keane, Inc., 2001
· Commitment to Excellence Award, Keane, Inc., 2001
· Reengineered existing Client/Server financial application to an international web financial system.
· Produced Corporate Business Plan as member of the Executive Council.
· Developed an extensive, site modification plan improving system and commerce site performance by 700%.
· Implemented strategies that resulted in an average 10% per month increase in sales.
· Redesigned web store layout; reduced abandoned orders below 5%; named a Top 100 e-commerce site.
· Designed HRIS system for WordPerfect Corporation.
Judge, Future Business Leaders of America; Utah Chapter, 2006 – present
Judge participants based upon their research skills, teamwork, speaking ability, and poise in their oral presentations. Presentations are assigned as an affirmative or negative argument toward the National Leadership Conference topic.
Public Speaker/Instructor/Business Consultant, 2004 – present
My objective: get organizations and/or individuals from where they are with what they don’t want, to where they want to be with what they do. Audiences range from one-on-one training to sessions of over a thousand participants (e.g., SunGard Summit); topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
Participants engage in wide ranging discussions and learning activities related to critical issues and opportunities that arise in leading and managing a higher education enterprise. The cohort of 12 Fellows was selected by a selection committee based upon, but not limited to, the following characteristics:
· Demonstrated leadership potential
· Integrity, dedication, commitment, and sense of intellectual engagement
· Expression of interest and perceived chemistry with the selected cohort
M.A. in Organizational Leadership; 2006
Completed Leadership Excellence, Loyalty, and Quality Service training programs; 2006 - 2008
Completed Database Administrator Masters Program; 1997
Graduate work toward M.S.; Computer Information Systems; 1996
Graduate work toward M.Ed.; 1986
B.A. in Spanish with a Minor in Math; 1985
Senior Director of Administrative Computing
· Lead strategic planning, policy development and operational design of core programming and processes.
· Provide leadership for IT enterprise architecture emphasizing business processes and procedures.
· Established and coordinated campus-wide Change Management processes, Quality Assurance Control procedures, and Application Coding Standards.
· Instructor and courseware developer for IT staff Oracle Certification Training.
· Development Manager for Project Team.
IT Director/Web-Store Manager/Chief Operations Officer
· Responsible for development of technical standards, automated systems, and business processes.
· Evaluated and resolved procedural/interpersonal problems involving diverse personalities.
· Completed data migration from legacy databases (Access and Oracle) to a centralized Oracle database.
· Established and maintained a corporate Version Control System.
· Defined the architecture and processes of the corporate databases while monitoring performance.
· Designed and developed Mobile Sales Application improving sales force effectiveness.
· Implemented, and supervised Quality Assurance using automated and manual testing procedures.
Programmer Analyst/Project Manager (Aug. 1991 – Apr. 1996)
· Defined project management process including risk, resource, & task management.
Testing Manager (May 1989 – Aug. 1991)
· Efficiently coordinated product testing regarding team assignments, special projects, and testing methods.
English – native language; Spanish – speak fluently and read/write with high proficiency.
· Partner – The
· SETA (SunGard Education Technology Association): Pre-Conference/Conference Chair; Board of Directors
· Educause – Association to advance higher education by promoting the intelligent use of information technology