Walker, Michael (Mike) J.
Assistant Administrator, Wasatch Campus
Mike J. Walker, Assistant Administrator
UVU Wasatch Campus, May 2009-Present
Alongside Thomas Melville, Campus Administrator, I administer the daily operations of the UVU Wasatch Campus in Heber City, including:
- Liaison with main campus regarding human resources, testing, library, course scheduling, and academic departments.
- Facilitate marketing projects for the campus
- Advise students on academic plans and programs and assist in student development
- Supervise classified, part-time and student employment, tutoring services, and professional communication (assist in supervising part-time facilitators as well)
- Manage several hundred-thousand dollar budget and partner with business and community organizations on numerous events and special projects
- Administer daily operational functions (including student and faculty services)
I am also an Adjunct Instructor in Philosophy and History (since Jan. 2008); Courses taught (as of January 2015):
- PHIL 2050/205G: Ethics and Values (36 sections)
- PHIL 1000: Intro to Philosophy (1 section)
- HIST 1700: American Civilization (8 Sections)
- HIST 1500: World History to 1500 (3 sections)
- HIST 151G: World History 1500 to the Present (1 section)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Education, Utah State University, In Progress, Anticipated Graduation: August 2018 (4.0 GPA)
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in History, Brigham Young University, 2011; Link to my Master's Thesis
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in History, Minor in International Studies, BYU-Idaho, 2005
If you have any questions about the Wasatch Campus or the services provided in Heber, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit us online: website, facebook, or twitter.