Open Computer Labs
There are open computer labs across the UVU campuses that are available for student
and faculty use.
Each of the Open Labs offers a variety of services: Printing
- Black and white printing: $.05 per page.
- Color prints: $.20 per page
- The labs aren't set up for students to use their own paper in the laser printers.
- For information about Wireless Printing from your laptop, visit print.uvu.edu.
- Graphic or text (OCR) scanning is $.25 per image
- The quality of the scan is dependent upon the quality of the original you submit.
- Line art, charts, and graphs that have been photocopied work fairly well.
- Color or black and white photographs and images taken directly from books or magazines
don't generally reproduce well in a document.
- High quality copies of text can be scanned and converted to an editable word processing
- Single or multiple unbound pages can be accommodated.
- Text scanned directly from books and magazines doesn't generally reproduce well in
the converted form.
Please be aware of any copyright issues that may be associated with the material that
you are planning to have scanned. Make sure that you can legally use the material
before you bring it to us. The lab, CSC or its employees cannot be held responsible
for plagiarism or any kind of copyright violations by students.
If you desire any scanning, please give the copy to be scanned to one of the lab assistants
and they will be happy to assist you.
The Lab Assistants in the open labs can help you with general questions regarding
Windows, and Windows Applications and the operation of the computer. However, they
may or may not be familiar with all of the software available in the labs or all the
features of Windows software.
Help files are available for the software in the lab. You may refer to them if you
have a question that we cannot answer for you. In almost any Windows program, just
try pressing the F1 key to display the help file.
The Lab Assistants are here to assist you when they can, but they are not here to
replace your instructors or to complete your assignments for you. Feel free to ask
reasonable questions, and they will be very happy to help if they can.
Make sure you remember your password. Your password must be at least 8 characters
long, contain an upper case letter and a lower case letter, 1 number, and 1 special
character. It should not be your username, your middle name, the name of your significant
other, one of your children, or even your dog. The security of your data depends on
Back to Top