Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I specify where I want my investment to go?

A: This can be specified through the "Designation" area on the online giving form.

Q: How do I find out more information about Endowed Scholarships?

A: Endowed Scholarship Information

Q: Can I send a check to UVU? To whom do I make it out?

A: Yes, payable to: UVU Foundation

Q: Where do I mail a check?

A: Send to:

UVU Foundation MS111

800 West University Parkway

Orem, UT 84058-5999

Q: Whom do I contact if I have a question or problem making an online donation?


Tammie Dearing
Gift Processor and Data Technician

Q: Does UVU accept contributions/investments by credit card?

A: Yes, you can visit our online giving form to make a gift by credit card.

Q: Will I get a receipt for tax purposes?

A: Yes, every donation/investment/gift receives a receipt.

Q: Whom should I call if I have a question about my gift receipt?


Tammie Dearing
Gift Processor and Data Technician

Q: If I cannot make an investment right now, what are my options?

A: For further information, contact:

The Development Office

Q: How can I support UVU through my estate? (e.g., bequest, life insurance, retirement, assets)

A: There are many possibilities for gift planning. Contact:

Cristina Pianezzola
Director of University Gift Planning

Q: What can I give?

A: Donations can be given in the following forms:

  • Cash, check, credit cards
  • Gifts of stock
  • Gifts in memory or celebration
  • Mutual funds
  • Marketable real estate
  • Bonds
  • Life insurance
  • 401Ks and IRAs
  • Wills, trusts, bequests
  • Charitable remainder trusts
  • In-kind equipment, vehicles or collections
  • Business interests
  • Privately held stock
  • Matching gifts
  • Time or service
  • Naming opportunities

Q: What if I still have questions?


The Development Office